Managing Consultant, Advisors
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Managing Consultant, Advisors
Mastercard Advisors is charged with combining professional problem-solving skills with deep payments expertise to address the challenges and opportunities of its clients, enhance Mastercard's strategic and tactical performance and establish Mastercard's global thought-leadership preeminence.
As a Managing Consultant, you will work as a member of an independent consulting team to understand complex client problems and develop and present effective solutions to solve these problems.
• Are you motivated by solving interesting and complex problems?
• Do you have a history of building strong, effective working relationships with teams and or other third parties?
• Are you excited about the world of payments and the future of payments?
• Consulting engagement delivery. Interact with mid- to senior- level clients and internal partners. Rigorously and logically identify issues covering entire client problem, including:
Generate hypotheses and independently structure work at a stream level
Perform sophisticated, hypotheses-driven analysis with broad oversight
Draw well-integrated conclusions and insights
Construct storylines at the work stream level
Engage audience with verbal communications and presentations
• Build strong working relationships by collaborating with Mastercard’s clients, external and internal partners
• Deliver presentations
• Develop effective working relationships with mid-level client management
• Build peer relationships with key team members to identify opportunities to broaden relationships
• Engage in client communications with client peer group within the framework of the overall communications strategy
• Identify client challenges and formulate ideas on opportunities to leverage Mastercard Advisors capabilities
• Support business development in either follow-on or new sales by assisting with development of sales presentations and proposals; enter and manage in salesforce.com as needed, including:
Participate in internal and external meetings to scope and price client engagements
Assistance with the development of Statement of Work (SOWs) and other sales support materials
Help present SOWs to mid-level clients and respond to follow up questions
Assist with the management and facilitation of internal and client process to execute SOWs and agreement
All About You
• Suitable candidates must have previous experience at a consulting firm, ideally with financial services industry expertise
• Critical thinking and creative problem solving abilities
• Ability to successfully work in a globally matrixed organisation and ability to influence for support and collaborate on deliverables
• Strong analytical, verbal and written communication including ease interacting with management
• Excellent listening skills, including ability to understand the customer need and determine a solution that may or may not exist in our business’s offerings
• Excellent at articulating and defending a position on key industry topics
• Ability to work as team member or independently who can multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Undergraduate degree required; MBA or relevant post graduate degree recommended
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Some travel, interstate and more broadly within APAC, will be required at times
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities