Strategy and Corporate Development Manager - 12 month maternity leave cover
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our over 500 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
The purpose of the Corporate Strategy function at Tyro is to drive enhanced and sustainable organisational value. It does this by having responsibility for setting corporate strategic direction; identifying, evaluating and executing on organic and inorganic strategic growth opportunities (inclusive of M&A); supporting business partners in executing high priority projects; and, informing strategic choices through competitive and market intelligence activities.
This hire will play a key part in driving the strategy forward by evaluating business and partnership growth opportunities, driving the execution and integration of growth projects, supporting the execution of key company-wide CEO-sponsored projects and researching and analysing industry trends and participants
The team operates similarly to an internal consultancy, meaning you will have deep experience in rigorous financial analysis and market research to drive strategy, and be comfortable workshopping with and presenting to the executive leadership team. You will bring creativity and rigour to the organisational planning and prioritisation process. You will have experience evaluating and executing on build-buy-ally decisions.
You will love structured problem-solving and articulating recommendations but you understand that it’s through communication and relationships that things get done. You are someone who possesses drive and enthusiasm to make a difference, especially to the lives of SMEs in Australia, not just to get the ‘right’ answer.
- Recommend and justify quantitatively and qualitatively preferred strategic options to the executive team and other senior stakeholders.
- Take a lead role in corporate development initiatives, evaluating opportunities quantitatively and qualitatively and then working closely with other key stakeholders on deal execution and subsequent implementation.
- Manage cross-functional internal and external teams on strategic project execution.
- Help structure complex negotiations with external and internal parties, including the review and drafting of transaction documentation.
- Continuously monitor market trends and the competitive landscape to help identify new business opportunities, with the ability to effectively share insights with key stakeholders.
- Frequent interaction and influence with all major disciplines across the firm especially: Office of the CEO, Product, Finance, Risk and Customer.
- Support the communication of strategy to a wide-variety of key stakeholders
Desired Skills and Experience
- An honest, values-led and easy-going individual who enjoys working in a small, close-knit team and getting their hands dirty.
- Ability to perform and/or oversee financial analysis, valuations and business casing.
- Experience in M&A transactions from initial negotiations and term sheeting, through to due diligence, transaction documentation and integration execution.
- Ability to naturally lead conversations at the most senior levels and independently drive high profile initiatives, strategic planning and analysis.
- Excellent research, problem-solving and presentation skills.
- Passion for and experience in the fundamentals of the financial technology industry, particularly payments or banking.
- Understanding of the fundamentals behind strategy and planning at a corporate-level.
- Self-starter that is able to work independently and with a high degree of autonomy.
- 4+ years at a top-tier management consulting firm or investment bank/PE/VC, in-house corporate strategy team, or other relevant work experience preferable.
Culture and Perks
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 3 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and an awesome rooftop area for socialising, all available to be enjoyed.
Who we are
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 500 staff, $20.1 billion in transactions in FY20, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses. Find out how you can be a part of the Tyro journey today.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Business Banking