This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are Zip, a rapidly expanding global Fintech headquartered out of Sydney, Australia with a growing presence focused in the US and UK markets.
We're here to simplify how the world pays for what they need by connecting merchants with consumers and offering them fair and seamless payment solutions, everywhere. We’re also the brains behind Pocketbook, which helps almost a million Aussies take control of their money and improve their financial wellbeing.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They form our Mamba mentality - how we’re better than yesterday, and are used to create game-changing experiences for our customers and our people.
Central to this goal is our Engineering team, who work side-by-side with our Product team to solve the fascinating engineering problems our fast growth, aggressive road-map and global scale creates.
We strive to create high-quality software and deliver at a high pace. Ensuring trust and psychological safety is important to enable our engineers to take risks, learn from failures and enjoy productive conflict to make better decisions.
We're looking for a mid-level Frontend Engineer to work in our Global Martech Engineering team, working with a team of talented engineers and designers to help bring Zip to life for our customers. You'll work as part of a dedicated cross functional squad while leveraging the latest tools and technologies to enhance our global Zip website.
We’re looking for someone who understands the importance of user experience and has an eye for design while also being passionate about learning and growing in an agile, growing Fintech.
In this role, you will
- Launch static pages through our current CMS implementation via Contentful
- Assist with a global website migration from Angular to React
- Help deliver on CRO (Conversion Rate Optimisation) initiatives which entails building and split testing unique front end modules to drive web conversion
- Be involved with implementation and improvements of our tracking code which covers, attribution and user acquisition
- Build and support micro sites and integrations such as our Careers page, Investors page, and Zip Business pages
- 2-3 years experience working as a software engineer OR designer in an agile environment
- An understanding of CMS systems, we use Contentful
- A love for design, storybook, CSS, reusable web modules, accessibility
- ES6 and Typescript
Bonus points for the following skills
- Frameworks like React, Angular 8+, or Vue
- NodeJS exposure
- Experience with AWS services such as Lambda, S3, ECS/EKS
- Experience working in Figma
- Understanding of implementation and configuration of a modern analytics tech stack including: Amplitude, Segment, GA/GTM, Optimizely
We’re looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to cross - a future Zipster who will obsess over excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution. You've gotta hustle at Zip!
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
Benefits @ Zip
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Generous paid parental leave
- Birthday and wellness leave
- Epic offices with a casual dress code
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
- Free breakfast and weekly lunches
- Heaps of social events
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tap & Zip everywhere. Pay later.