This job is no longer accepting applications.
Thales people architect solutions at the heart of the defence-security continuum. Interoperable and secure information and telecommunications systems for defence, security, and civil operators, are based upon innovative use of radiocommunications, networks, and cybersecurity. We are ground breaking new digital technologies such as 4G mobile communications, cryptography, cloud computing and big data for use in physical protection systems, and critical information systems.Thales established its presence in Singapore in 1973 to support the expansion of aerospace-related activities in the Asia-Pacific region. Throughout the last four decades, the company grew from strength to strength and is today involved in the primary businesses of Aerospace (including Air Traffic Management), Defence & Security, Ground Transportation and Digital Identity & Security. Thales today employs over 2,100 people in Singapore across all its business areas.As part of the IVVQ Engineering team, the IVVQ Engineer is responsible for integrating, verifying, validating and qualifying the Transport and Security Solutions in line with customer requirements.
- Work with Systems Engineers to ensure that all the requirements are properly testable – including the testing method – and that full V&V Traceability can be put in place and maintained with the verification test scenarios.
- Set up and maintain Linux based systems for the transportation industry including developments of scripts.
- Install and configure required COTS systems including network and virtualization environments.
- Prepare the resources used for various test configurations, develop and implement verification procedure, compile the results documents, manage the deviations and record all verification results.
- Analyze the system logs and communicate information on variances and anomalies to stakeholders,
- Responsible for Factory Acceptance Test, Site Integration and Testing: planning the test, communicate with customer, onsite testing, prepare report and submission to customer.
Provide support to IVVQ Manager:
- Ensure IVVQA global consistency by approving lower level solution element or component IVVQA plans.
- Define, with his/her team on IVVQA scenarios, ensures their traceability with the corresponding systems engineering artefacts – using DOORS or similar requirements management tool - and guaranties their implementation.
- Coordinate IVVQA activities, establishes priorities and integration logical diagrams, conducts tests in factory and on site, supports acceptance as well as commissioning, analyses results and communicates them to development teams.
- Conduct all the reviews required by the process, including but not limited to, the Test Readiness Reviews, Technical Qualification Reviews, and Final Qualification Reviews.
- Ensure that all Configuration and Change Management (CM) processes are properly followed by the IVVQA team.
- Ensure that the IVVQA team performs Integration to the satisfaction of all external and internal customers:
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant area of Engineering or related discipline
- 5 years of experience dealing with IT hardware (server, network switches, storage, workstation)
- 3 years of experience with Linux, Windows, virtualization (VMWare, Hyper-V)
- 5 years of experience on integration and testing IT system
- Experience in an Engineering role deploying one or more large-scale solutions
- Significant experience of technical and engineering work on Transport/Security Systems projects
- Familiarity with PLC integration and Modbus protocol
- Membership of relevant professional organization, e.g. INCOSE, Institution of Engineers Singapore, etc.
- Able to work night shift occasionally
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations to build a future we can all trust.