Business Development Representative (Hospitality)
Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Business Development Representative to join our growing team in our Sydney office. You will be responsible for driving revenue growth by generating and qualifying leads for the sales department. In this role, you will be the first touch-point in the sales process for our potential customers.
Lightspeed’s Outbound team is now in hyper-growth mode. Our process has been refined and optimized at a smaller scale in the last few years, now is the time to expand our team and our reach. We’re not an ordinary company and we don’t expect you to be either. So keep reading if you love the art of selling, delighting customers and have a natural affinity for technology!
What you’ll be doing:
- Prospecting and identifying new business, primarily through telephone, email and in-person communication, by reaching out to companies' decision makers in order to present our services.
- Engaging and qualifying new leads through various channels (phone, email, text, social media, etc).
- Cooperating with our Account Executive team and be responsible for booking demonstrations of our various platforms for our ideal prospective customers.
- Collaborating with the Marketing/Sales team to develop new strategies for growth in our sales pipeline based on conversations and input you will be having in the market.
- Working to consistently meet clearly defined monthly, quarterly and annual goals.
What you need to bring:
We're looking for a candidate who has experience with the following:
- Experience in a sales or call centre environment, work experience in a target-based environment.
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills, including strong listening, verbal, and written communication.
- Tech savvy, but able to talk with and willing to help people who are not.
- An entrepreneurial and agile mindset, a bias toward action and an ability to pivot when required to meet business needs and goals.
- Experience with Retail/Hospitality point-of-sale systems or Technology is a bonus but not needed!
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy and healthy:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world for up to 60 days per year
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
- Dog-friendly environment
- Full self-service cafe and fully stocked fridge of different craft beers
- Awesome office space located in Chippendale, NSW
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.
Founded in Montréal, Canada in 2005, Lightspeed is dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: LSPD) and Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). With teams across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company serves retail, hospitality, and golf businesses in over 100 countries.
Lightspeed handles your information in accordance with our Applicant Privacy Statement.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The one-stop commerce platform for merchants to simplify, scale and provide exceptional customer experiences.