Director, Product Strategy
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Airwallex is looking for a Director, Product Strategy who will play a pivotal role in bridging the gap between our customers, commercial and product teams. As a core member of the Global Product Strategy team, you will get to directly contribute to the direction of Airwallex’s product strategy, proposition and to scale this function.
- Drive product-market fit across Airwallex’s Financial OS proposition across 5+ operating regions by working closely across product, sales, marketing and strategy teams
- Leverage first principles problem solving skills to develop Airwallex’s strategic ‘product bets’ over the next 3 years to unlock new customer segments and use cases
- Build a deep understanding of our customers, market, competitors with commercial and product feedback loops to shape an effective product and commercial strategy
- Lead and build the team with robust ways of working, best practices and capabilities to deliver impact across cross-functional stakeholders
- Communicate key recommendations to senior stakeholders including the CEO, SVP of Product and other key product leaders
What You Will Bring
- 8+ years of experience with part of that in either a top-tier strategy consulting firm or a product strategy function at a fast growing tech company
- Self-starter that can identify and prioritize opportunities to focus on - You are willing to roll up sleeves and go deep into the assigned problem
- Track record of collaborating across teams – You can effectively partner with sales, operations, design, marketing, product and data analytics
- Strong written and spoken communication skills - you’re able to articulate complex concepts in a simple way
- Strong analytical and first principles-led problem solving skills
- Technology, financial services and experience in a high growth environment is good to have
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
When you join Airwallex, You Choose "Bigger Growth Opportunities."
In 2022 as a Global business, we achieved the following:
- Series E stage, total funding of USD $900 Million, $5.5B valuation
- Expanded into new markets
- Forged partnerships with Shopify, Hubspot, Plaid, Trip Actions/Navan, Agoda, and Qantas
- We launched our Scholarship Partnership with The University of Melbourne
- Asia FinTech Awards: Team of the Year, Fintech of the Year
- Xero Awards Australia: Financial Services App of the Year
- Top 100 Women in Fintech: #40 Lucy Liu, Co-Founder of Airwallex
- Over 37% of our Australian team were promoted last year
Life At Airwallex
💸We commit to industry-leading salaries and rewards
💲We share our business success through every employee receiving equity
💻 Flexible working available, plus two epic working spaces in the heart of Melbourne and Sydney
🥗On-site snacks, think fully stocked fridges, beers, ice-creams and catered social lunches
🧘Access to our mental wellness platform to provide personalised, private support, including coaching and EAP sessions
🎂 Enjoy a paid day off on your birthday to celebrate YOU
👪Generous parental leave, baby bonding leave, and pregnancy loss leaves
💵Paid community and volunteer leave
💸Generous Employee Referral Program rewards for referring top talent
✈️ Explore the world - You have the opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for up to 3 months each year
🦄 Accelerate your career - We've reached consistent unicorn status and our people are a huge part of this. Airwallex is the place where you can grow to your full potential, with more than a third of our Australian team promoted last year
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.