Client Consulting Manager
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is known for its multi-disciplinary teams, payments expertise and its unique VisaNet data-driven insights. We support Visa’s ecosystem of partners by advising them on payments strategy, proposition design, digital solutions and portfolio optimisation. Our clients include banks, retailers, fintechs, airlines and government agencies.
The VCA Australia, NZ and South Pacific team sits within the Asia Pacific consulting practice and has offices in Sydney and Melbourne.
The Manager role reflects the increasing demand for VCA services from our clients. Based in Sydney, the Manager will report to the Head of Strategy, VCA Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific and support projects across these markets.
What a Client Consulting Manager does at Visa:
You will work on consulting engagements for Visa’s clients in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific. Our multi-disciplinary teams provide advice, problem solving skills, data insights and specialist expertise to drive growth and profitability in our clients’ payments businesses.
Typical engagements include:
- Payments strategy, including loyalty, crypto, real-time payments
- Proposition design and launch
- Digital solutions
- Portfolio optimisation and
- Data analytics,
You will be responsible for significant components of client engagements and the end-to-end delivery of client engagements. Typically, this will involve the Manager interacting with the client team, gathering and managing project inputs, analysing data to form conclusions and recommendations, developing and presenting compelling project reports and working with clients on executing recommendations. The full range of responsibilities are detailed below.
- Prepare project materials including interview guides, data requirements, concepts, frameworks
- Undertake client interviewing, collecting and analysing inputs such as client information, data, processes, policies, competitive and environmental information
- Manage junior team member such as Associates, Analysts and Interns
- Create, develop and maintain Excel models
- Prepare client proposals and project plans, identifying dependencies, roles and responsibilities, scope and outcomes / deliverables
- Ensure project engagements remain on track, utilising governance frameworks and mitigating / resolving complex problems that emerge during engagements
- Identify solutions and recommendations that address client objectives and result in performance improvement
- Create and present compelling PowerPoint presentations to illustrate findings, ideas, recommendations within consulting engagements and more broadly
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
What we are looking for:
Our people are intellectually curious, collegial and capable of building trusted relationships with clients. We look for depth and breadth of experience rather than relying on age or job titles as proxies, and hire for judgment and integrity. You will be curious about the payments industry and keen to work alongside a multi-disciplinary team. You will be comfortable managing a project end-to-end and under the guidance of Directors and Senior Directors based on the size of the engagements.
We are looking for:
- Compelling advisers: Candidates should have robust communication skills, including strong oral and written capabilities and the ability to build trust with clients.
- Problem solvers: Candidates should be able to understand new issues quickly and develop a structured approach to problem statements with intellectual and analytical rigour.
- Team players: Strong team orientation, collaborative, and flexible.
- Resourceful self-starters: Motivated, results-oriented candidates with the ability to progress multiple projects concurrently. We are looking for candidates with a bias towards actions.
- Professionals: Strong detail orientation, ensuring the highest level of quality/rigour in our recommendations to clients.
The ideal candidate will likely have:
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in consulting and/or corporate strategy
- Some experience in payments or financial services
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%)
Our Employee Value Proposition
VCA offers its consultants the ability to work with experienced management consultants and payments experts in a friendly, collegial environment. You will develop and/or enhance your core consulting skill-set, including problem solving, communication and project management skills.
We firmly believe in ‘family first’ and practice what we preach. Unlike traditional consulting firms, we can ensure our consultants are not overworked and offer generous maternity and paternity leave benefits. You will also gain exposure to the ever-evolving payments industry. Proven consultants often transition into other parts of Visa’s business including Product, Sales and Marketing.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.