Content Manager APAC
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for 2 million merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
About The Role
We are looking for a Content Manager to accelerate the performance of our content programs and channels in APAC, with a focus on Japan and Australia/New Zealand. This role will work to drive improvements to help more entrepreneurs across the region discover how Shopify is right for them.
This role sits at the intersection of content and regional marketing. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with an international marketing background. They have experience working closely with cross-functional partners and agencies on content programs that drive tangible business impact.
You’ll be doing things like:
- Develop and implement a content strategy for the APAC region, with a focus on the Japanese and AUNZ market
- Work with agencies to produce content for a variety of channels and formats, including blog, ebooks, email, video
- Collaborate with regional marketing teams to ensure content is aligned with our brand voice and supports the overall company goals and initiatives in the APAC region
- Collaborate with SEO and external agencies to ensure content is optimized and prioritized effectively
- Monitor and analyze the performance of content to inform future strategy and initiatives in the APAC region.
- Experience in content strategy, marketing, management
- Native fluency and excellent written and verbal communication skills in Japanese
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience working with marketing agencies
- Highly organized and detail oriented, able to manage multiple projects at once
- Strong collaboration skills with both internal and external teams
Bonus if you have:
- Experience in reaching and engaging entrepreneurship audiences
- SaaS business experience
- Experience in Content Writing/Editing, Localization
- Experience with Shopify as a product and/or Shopify merchants
- Salesforce, Google Analytics, SEO tools experience
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we value your time.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encouraging everyone to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.