APAC Regional Financial Controller
A Bit About The Role
As Wise continues to grow, we need to grow our finance capabilities to:
- Help pilot and drive the rocket ship. Controller capabilities are essential to steer the ship in the right direction, ensuring we comply with accounting, regulatory and tax requirements.
- Work with the Head of Regional Finance, other Regional Controllers, Reporting & Tax teams to ensure financial compliance, including controlling local audits, outsource firms and financial regulatory relationships. Lead the team looking after APAC and provide a clear vision and strategy for the region.
- Be the regional team’s (Expansion, Compliance, Product & People) main point of finance contact and ensure that all new entities, products, legislation etc are understood by the team and appropriately resourced and looked after. The role is also expected to provide strategic overview on how best to structure products in the entities.
- Support finance teams (Finance Product team and Group Accounting) to ensure systems, controls and processes are prepared for regional requirements, with clear definitions and change management.
- Review monthly and quarterly financials from the team and challenge them adequately..
A Bit About You
- Significant experience in either financial controlling, financial audit, financial advisory or management accounting, good knowledge of IFRS (local gaap could be a plus). Implementation of strong control environment ideal.
- Managed a complex stakeholder group internally and externally to the organisation
- Communicated with internal or external stakeholders on a regular basis, submitting reports, clarifying requirements etc
- You are a self starter and can organise your own work (you’ll get a lot of support but soon you’ll be the expert here)
- Experience in regulated environment, Fintech or Financial Services preferred. Not shy to be the face of external regulators and/or auditors.
- You are accurate and detail oriented, great at finishing detailed jobs
- You can take responsibility and make decisions independently, great at organising your own work schedule with little or no guidance
- Able to communicate complex issues to all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Have an ability to move beyond Excel and dig into raw data
- You get finance and accounting terminology and have ability to understand importance of tax and regulatory rules & frameworks
- You have a strong understanding of basic accounting principles and a solid understanding of IFRS
- Keen to challenge people and drive changes - good leader that can think outside the box and provide long term vision
Type of person:
- You have a passion for what we’re building at Wise and you will work on any financial requirements
- You are keen to roll up sleeves and get the job done, we all do our own Excel still
- You are proactive and take the initiative to get things done
- You are humble, comfortable operating with a high level of uncertainty, can act independently, be decisive and take responsibility
- You are open to self-development, willing to gain experience, improve your skills and keen to learn new tricks
- You are detail oriented, with ability to deliver and communicate complex areas on time and succinctly
- You are able to work with multiple teams within and outside of finance as well as internationally on projects or ad hoc requests as required, with flexibility and a can do attitude.
- You feel passionate about implementing your skills and knowledge in creation and improvement of controls framework and internal processes.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
If you want to find out more about what it's like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Keep up to date with life at Wise by following us on LinkedIn and Instagram.
Your application has been successfully submitted.