Solutions Architect, Japan
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions
of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious
startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and
accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the
GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That
means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy
within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your
About The Team
Stripe’s Global Sales Team is at the forefront of driving revenue and
growth. As trusted business partners, our goal is to help users
understand Stripe products and integrate them with ease so they can
concentrate on what’s most important to them: their business. We’re
known for our product expertise, rigorous thinking, and user-first
approach to problem solving. Within Stripe, Sales proudly serves as a
critical source of user feedback and market intelligence, with direct
influence on Stripe’s product roadmap and growth strategy.
What you’ll do
Stripe’s Solutions Architecture team works with engineering teams at
large and high growth companies building on top of Stripe. Solutions
Architects are experienced engineers with a strong background developing
full stack applications, communicating technical concepts, and
leveraging technology to drive business value. At Stripe, we’re looking
for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You’re encouraged to apply
even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description.
Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if
your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we
welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren’t
afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.
- Design holistic financial solutions using Stripe’s APIs and products.
- Develop proof of concept applications built on top of Stripe, present technical demonstrations, and help Stripe customers make the most of their integration.
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and technical leaders evaluating Stripe to understand their needs.
- Provide structured feedback and work closely with Stripe’s product engineering teams.
- Partner with account executives to design solutions that solve critical business challenges for some of the largest and most interesting companies in the world.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be
considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are
encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a
- Familiar with modern web applications and software architecture.
- Experienced working with demos and apps, and be able to clone and modify them.
- A great communicator, comfortable explaining complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Interested in solving open ended business problems with a combination of technology and creative thinking.
- Experienced working in the sales lifecycle and driving outcomes in a customer-facing environment.
- Business fluency in both Japanese and English.
- Experience integrating Stripe or other RESTful APIs into web applications.
- Deep experience in systems design, with a background building and deploying complex applications.
- A background working in a similar customer-facing engineering role (e.g. solutions architect, sales engineer, or partner engineer).
Your application has been successfully submitted.