Staff SW Test Engineer
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Are you interested in working on one of the most exciting domain and fast-growing space? The payment industry, in parallel with technology in general, is experiencing a period of rapid, disruptive innovation. At the same time, mobile connectivity is growing rapidly and, with it, comes the opportunity to extend financial products to the 2.5 billion people around the world who are financially excluded.
Visa Direct is a strategic initiative at Visa, focused on building the next generation payment network connecting, individuals and businesses with banks, fin-tech players, countries and regions with the flexibility to use a variety of payment instruments.
Visa Direct team is undergoing a major ramp-up, looking to hire the best and brightest technologists with ambition and drive to build the next generation of payment network that would further extend the reach and scale of Visa’s payment network. This is once in a lifetime opportunity and you feel excited about joining and leading the revolution- come join us!
- Staff Test Engineer will design and implement test solutions with highest quality using agile tools & methodologies.
- Extensive hands-on QA, white box testing and automation. No Manual testing.
- Support continuous integration processes and system deployments.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Proven track record of having led and delivered complex projects.
- Experience of managing a test engineering team of 3-4 people.
- Troubleshoot critical defects in software coding.
- Should possess the programing skills to drive test automation.
- You have expertise in field of test automation and have driven efforts for implementing test frameworks on web or service-oriented architectures.
- Work closely with the QE/Developers/Product leads to achieve a high level of Unit & Test coverage.
- Plan and conduct User Acceptance Testing with key stakeholders.
- Should have an understanding of the Developer world, be able to voice customer perspective.
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience in working with agile lifecycle and/or tracking and process management tools, e.g. JIRA.
- Educational background in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent is highly desirable.
- Business knowledge of VISA Authorization, E2E and Clearing and Settlement process is a big plus.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have more than 8+ years of experience in testing highly distributed and complex systems, with an ability to think tactically as well as strategically while leading cross functional teams in a highly matrixed environment. A background working in a high transaction online payment environment, developer portals/services or APIs is highly desirable.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and 7+ years of Software Development Experience or a Masters with 6+ years of Software Development Experience.
- 8+ years’ experience testing highly distributed and complex systems.
- QA Experience in Payment domain is a plus.
- Hands-on Java programming, Automation Scripting, testing experience in JAVA & TestNG.
- Experience with Selenium or similar software testing framework.
- Experience in building framework and executing automated and performance tests for REST based services.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies, Tools (JIRA, Confluence).
- Hands-on experience working with databases Oracle & MySQL.
- Experience testing software at API level using SOA suite, SOAP UI, PostMan, REST Client etc.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as Jenkins or monitoring tools.
- Familiarity with Code Quality Governance related tools.
- Hands-on experience with Eclipse or any other IDE development tools.
- Experience with distributed source control systems such as Git.
- Experience in TPF assembler/ TPF C/C++ code analysis.
- Familiarity in REXX, C# and Python Test tool creation for Test Automation.
- Familiarity in different VM tools like PARSEM, TPFSETUP and VPSETUP.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.