General Manager, North Asia-Sales
Temenos powers a world of banking that creates opportunities for billions of people and businesses everywhere. We do this through the pioneering spirit of 7500+ Temenosians who are passionate about making banking better, together.
We serve over 3000 banks from the largest to challengers and community banks in 150+ countries. We collaborate with clients to build new banking services and state-of-the-art customer experiences on our open banking platform, helping them operate more sustainably.
At Temenos, we have an open-minded and inclusive culture, where everyone has the power to create their own destiny and make a positive contribution to the world of banking and society.
The General Manager, North Asia- Sales reports to the Managing Director, Asia Pacific. The incumbent is responsible to plan, drive and coordinate mid to long-term new business strategy in the sub-region as agreed with the Managing Director, Asia Pacific.
This General Manager, North Asia- Sales is accountable to meet and overachieve License, SaaS and Maintenance targets and ensure monthly, quarterly, and annual sales forecast are in line with North Asia’s budget and pipeline. The North Asia’s territories are China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan and Korea.
This role is responsible to drive sales deliverables, quality sales pitching and client relationship management particularly with key stakeholders. In addition, it is pivotal that the incumbent exhibit strong leadership to mentor, enable the Sales team to qualify and win high quality deals and contract terms. To be successful, it is imperative for the incumbent to work collaboratively and cohesively with all Business Heads and stakeholders from various divisions – Customer Success Management, Client Services, Business Solution Group, Legal, Finance, HR and other business units to jointly achieve, and exceed, the region’s target and objectives.
The incumbent needs to foster and maintain credible and sustainable win-win relationships with Clients, Prospects and Partners particularly at C-level. This senior individual has excellent commercial acumen, industry expertise, people management skills and know-how to articulate compelling value propositions especially in high value complex deal environment, drive competitive sales campaigns to expand our footprint and build strong, authentic long-term partnership with Clients, Partners as well as local authorities/officials (where applicable).
- You will define sub-region sales strategy and priorities, growth plan and focus areas complementing North Asia and broader APAC regional strategy and in alignment with corporate directive.
- You will have full responsibility of the sub-region sales forecasting, sales pipeline management, sales team performance and cash collections for new logo and new business.
- You will focus to build strong and sustainable win-win relationship with Clients, farming existing account to generate continuous revenue stream; ensure strong account management plan are in place.
- You will act as the region senior go-to person for sales case escalations, challenge/advice. Ability to provide quality subject matter insights, guidance, value proposition and countries’ specific recommendation on various sales scenarios and challenges.
- You will be responsible for proactive and timely engagement with the region Sales force as well as other business stakeholders (Customer Success Management, Client Service, Product/Domain Expertise, Marketing, BSG, Legal, etc.) to establish and qualify strong sales lead and pipeline to achieve sub-region’s sales target.
- You will provide leadership in client relationship management, addressing clients’ business needs, gaps, and constraints.
- You will build trusting and long-term relationships with key and strategic Client contacts who will serve as positive referrals for new business opportunities.
- You will establish and nurture relationships with C-levels clients, business partners and industry affiliates to identify growth opportunities within the market segment with the goal to build a long term efficient, profitable, and sustainable sales revenue stream.
- You will lead, coach, equip and manage the region sales team to enable them to operate at optimized efficiency and achieving quality sales closure.
- You should have Strategic Sales & Leadership skills: >12 years notable sales and leadership experience in the sub-region market. Proven track record and results in growing, nurturing, and running the sub-region sales organization in international setup within same domain in banking and financial services sectors.
- You should have good understanding of market segment: Strong leadership and commercial sense to clearly identify the business’ Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats so appropriate action plan can be put in place to ensure Temenos is at the leading edge of the market competition.
- You should have experience in Relationship & Communication: Possess leadership eloquence, influence, and superior networking skills. Ability to increase Temenos’ executive contact base by vertical networking in complex organization structure. Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills with crisp industry and market knowledge to establish interest, trust, and credibility.
- You should have Business & Technical skills: Good understanding of banking operations and relevant processes within the financial solution segment, including project delivery or business transformation practices.
- Educational & Proficiency level: Preferably, a university education in relevant business disciplines.
- Attribute: Self-starter, Independent and Self-motivated, Ambitious, Entrepreneur spirit, Innovative, Collaborative, Focused, Tenacious, Authentic
- Language: Ability to converse in Mandarin and/or Japanese is an advantage.
Please make sure to read our
Your application has been successfully submitted.