Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our strong team of 600+ Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of payments and commerce for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
As a Software Engineer with Tyro Payments, you will be working within our application platform team to further drive the DevOps culture and capability within the organisation. Our focus is providing a paved path for engineers to develop and operate workloads on our Kubernetes clusters within AWS. Typically this involves providing the tooling, templates or Kubernetes custom resources to enable teams to develop and operate within Tyro's context. We are looking for people who are curious, are able and willing to work with diverse technologies and are willing to dive into a problem to come up with a good solutions.
What you'll do
- Deliver solutions that will enable the software engineers to run and operate their own workloads
- Work effectively with the engineers to help them onboard onto the platform and educate them into how to get the most out of the available solutions
- Maintain, operate and evolve our fleet of Kubernetes clusters
- Support the effort to migrate from our on-premise estate, and support services there in the meantime
- 3+ years experience as a systems / platform engineer, or software engineer
- Experience with AWS (EC2, IAM, R53, EKS), or the equivalent in GCP or Azure
- Familiarity with containerisation and operating Kubernetes
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Ability to automate processes through scripting or development (Bash, Golang, Java, Python)
- Experience with service meshes (Istio, Envoy)
- Experience in the Kubernetes / CNCF ecosystem
- Familiarity with kubebuilder
- Exposure to observability tools (Grafana, Prometheus, Jaeger, Cloudwatch)
Perks & Benefits
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and many more!
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 600 staff, $34 billion in transactions in FY22, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses.
Wow the Customer - We love our customers and we want them to love us too.
Be Good - We're open and transparent, and we do the right thing - even when nobody's watching or it's really hard.
Commit to Greatness - We think big, move fast and dare to be different. We're always asking "what's next?"
Stay Hungry - We ooze passion and determination and we play as a team to win.
Win Together - We are a united team. With growth mindsets and without ego, we embrace diversity to collaborate, innovate and accelerate.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV’s. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer and commit to responding to every applicant.
Your application has been successfully submitted.