Director, Asset Management
lookout for an enthusiastic risk expert to join the Asset Management team and help to drive positive outcomes for both the organisation and our customers.
Who are we?
We’re Judo Bank. A purpose-built challenger bank, built on old-fashioned values like integrity, trusted relationships and an enterprising spirit. Born out of a desire to reinvent the craft of relationship banking for the Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) market, and to challenge the status quo in a market dominated by the four major banks.
We started from a PowerPoint and a bold vision to make a difference in Australian business banking. In a few short years we have grown significantly and with offices in each state Judo Bank is one of the fastest growing new banks in the world. We’re proud to support Australian SMEs and are a business built on trusted relationships, putting our people and customers in the centre of everything we do.
Being agile and adaptive, we are purpose built to say yes, to make it easier for our customers to get the funding they need, when they need it. We pride ourselves on our personal relationships with customers, our diverse workforce and collaborative culture.
Now, about this role…
If you love:
- Being part of a flexible working environment within a fast paced and growing organisation
- Passionate about showing attention to detail and doing the right thing
- Working in a diverse workforce where you can bring your own capabilities, experiences and knowledge to help build the foundations of Judo.
Then this just might be…
Your dream job:
- Supporting the Head of Asset Management and Chief Credit Officer in the management of Judo’s NSW/ACT based distressed and impaired assets
- Support the Director Relationships, including their coaching and development to ensure the right outcomes for our customers are achieved
- Complex file management and development of strategies to support the resolution or repayment of distressed and impaired assets
- Provide reporting and insights on the portfolio to the Head of Asset Management and other key stakeholders
- Embrace Judo Culture and positively impact its evolution.
- Ability to guide and drive change in the business
Build and maintain strong relationship with business partners and stakeholders, including external legal and accounting networks.
Desired Skills and Experience
A little bit about you…
The skills you’ve picked up along the way:
- Understanding and experience in distressed asset management/credit risk management, including customer management, and good collaboration with internal and external legal and insolvency partners
- Understanding of business credit activities/ business life cycle and an understanding of a broad range of SME business models and the risks associated with these
- Agile mindset with an ability to work independently and part of a niche team
- Understanding of the overall legal, regulatory, and business banking lending environment
- Good knowledge of risk assessment methodology, provisioning, tools and processes
- Ability to build internal and external relationships and establish self as a trusted advisor to the business
Your life pre-Judo:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in financial services, with preference to business banking, credit, insolvency, or related fields
- Australian working rights
Judo’s culture sets us apart…
- Accountability – make the decision and own it. Do what you say.
- Performance – make today better, stronger and faster than yesterday.
- Teamwork – we’re not a team of champions, we’re a champion team.
- Trust – the foundation of our purpose and our relationships.
We are looking for people who are:
Resilient | Positive | Inquisitive | Hungry | Adaptive | Passionate | Courageous | Decisive | Hands on
What our team members say about us:
Our people are empowered to make decisions, take ownership, and have their say. Bureaucracy is left at the door and it’s all about the team. We are passionate about attracting, embracing and celebrating diverse talent. Judo is a place where everyone belongs, where our people and customers thrive because our unique differences make us collectively stronger. Our people work hard with our purpose in mind and have a lot of fun in the process – revolutionising Australian SME business banking and working in the best job they have ever had!
Some of our Perks:
- Annual incentive program
- 6 weeks’ annual leave
- Yearly happiness allowance to spend on your health, family, a charity or whatever makes you happy (not your gas bill!)
- Big life event leave
- Home office set up allowance when you first start
- Judo Staff home loan
- Flexible work environment
- Education assistance
- And much, much more!
If this is the perfect fit for you, please reach out – we’d love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.