Senior Product Manager, Payments
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
As Afterpay’s Senior Product Manager - Payments Acquiring, you will play an integral part in the team responsible for the day to day operations of Afterpay’s payment processes, spanning all markets where Aftepray resides and working with a global team of Payments Product Managers.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Support new market entry through enabling payments capability
- Work cross-functionally with our Product, Finance, Customer Service and OPs, merchant services, design, analytics and engineering teams globally to drive value for consumers, merchants and Afterpay
- Work with external partners and internal teams to ensure compliance with scheme and regulatory requirements
- Work with external partners and internal teams to ensure compliance with global and local scheme and regulatory requirements
- Understand the customer experience from end-to-end, collecting data and creating tests to show the value behind product ideas
- Lead a team of engineers and designers to deliver intuitive and exciting experiences
- Partner with our product teams to unlock value for all partners in our ecosystem
- Manage operational issues which impact customers or profitability
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
Working in a challenging, vibrant and fast-paced environment, you’ll need drive, resilience and versatility. A respectful attitude and the ability to build good relationships is vital.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated professional with the following characteristics and ethics:
- Solid (5yr+) scheme payments product management experience in multiple markets
- Have a desire to work with a global team on global initiatives
- Operational-level understanding of card acquiring and experience working with the front-line on payments issues
- Knows enough to not need to look up 840, 100 or what the ‘E’ in EMV represents
- Ability to be a sharp, rigorous thinker who can operate successfully among very bright, progressive and charismatic people.
- Must be an energetic, transparent and engaging individual with a natural skill for developing relationships both internally and externally
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to understand and think strategically and implement long term plans; can handle both long term and short term goals simultaneously
- Able to work in fast paced and pressured environments and on multiple things at any one time and be comfortable with context switching
- Able to problem solve and innovatively work your way around roadblocks
- Self-motivated, well-presented, disciplined and methodical
- Strong verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills that inspire trust
- Maintaining enthusiasm and calm demeanor in even the most stressful situations
- Must be able to add value with a strong team focus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Your application has been successfully submitted.