Systems Administrator Senior (Windows, Networking)
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Information Technology
Travel Percentage :
5 - 10%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the Role
Deploy release of new technologies as well as design, install, configure, maintain and integrate system testing performance of PC/server operating systems, related utilities and hardware.
What you will be doing
- Windows & Linux System Administrator with some specialist skill i.e. Vulnerability remediation, Security, Networking, Automation, Patch Management, Server Provisioning etc
- VM & Storage administration
- Plan and execute change activities i.e System maintenance, upgrades and applying fixes / remediations
- Installs, maintains and upgrades internal computer hardware and software systems used for designing and developing company products.
- Controls user access and passwords.
- Proposes and implements system enhancements that will improve reliability and performance of system.
- Monitors usage and performance.
- Trains personnel on system usage.
- Troubleshoots server, software and hardware issues.
- Assists with recommending, scheduling and implementing system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products.
- Supports Web access and electronic messaging services and maintains a secure systems environment.
- Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- 5 to 8 years Windows System Administration experience
- 5 to 8 years Vulnerability remediation, Security, Networking, Automation experience
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems and related utilities and hardware
- Knowledge of storage management, TCP/IP, network monitoring and tools and technical writing principles and practices
- Effective analytical, problem solving, installation and maintenance skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, clients and public
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.