Collections Specialist, Afterpay
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic ecosystem, developing unique financial products, including Afterpay, to provide a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our 47 million monthly active customers. We want to redefine the world’s relationship with money to make it more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible. This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward innovation, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers!
As the ANZ Collections Specialist, you'll be responsible for liaising with customers, external Debt Collections Agencies (DCA), and customer service teams to facilitate collections activity and reduce losses in accordance with our company guidelines and Australian & New Zealand Regulatory requirements; BNPL code, DCGs, ASIC, Privacy Act, CCFA etc.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide assistance to collections customers and DCA’s across ANZ
- Join and Participate in DCA Calibration sessions
- Assess call recordings and emails sent by DCA’s - working closely with our Service Experience Team to complete monthly calibrations.
- Audit customer accounts, calls, emails, SMS that are being worked at ANZ DCA’s, may also involve end-to-end reviews of specific processes.
- Facilitate annual DCA audit
- Contribute to/complete ANZ Collections Reporting requirements:
- Manage and handle customer complaints
- Review DCA Complaint Data
- Reconciling accounts with finance and DCA’s - Qtly Inventory Reconciliation
- Other tasks as directed by the collections team to support ANZ DCA’s and Afterpay internal collections team
You will have:
- Shown expertise with financial investigations demonstrating risk-based judgment, problem-solving skills, and strong analytical ability
- Must have strong interpersonal, influencing, and facilitation skills, with strong oral and written communication ability
- Shown ability to effectively work independently while also collaborating with team members as well as internal business units and industry peers
- High level of emotional intelligence and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Collections Experience
- Experience in call auditing/call calibrations
- Exceptional client focus: ability to form relationships and establish trust, respect, competence, and confidence effectively and quickly
- Working knowledge of ANZ Regulatory requirements; BNPL code, DCGs, ASIC, Privacy Act, CCFA etc.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
Your application has been successfully submitted.