Senior/Front End Engineer
What we do
Currently operating in 60+ countries and processing up to 7 million transactions a day, Coda Payments (https://www.codapayments.com/) helps game developers and publishers like Riot Games, Tencent, Garena, EA, Moonton, and other leading digital content providers to monetize their products in places where credit and debit cards aren’t widely used. We establish partnerships with a wide range of alternative payment channel operators who make it possible for customers to pay in other ways: paying cash at retail, using a mobile wallet, making a bank transfer, or redeeming a prepaid card.
Coda also allows publishers to accept payments through these various methods on their own website or at our gaming e-commerce site - codashop.com.
About Coda Technology
At Coda, we operate a high-volume payments and e-commerce business, and we’re expanding rapidly. We need to build high-scale, distributed systems that can gracefully handle massive spikes in traffic. We also have an ambitious feature roadmap, so using state of the art tools to automate our development lifecycle is crucial to moving fast. We believe in autonomous teams, and we use modern technologies and the latest in cloud infrastructure.
Most importantly, we hire great people and empower them to drive Coda’s technology and products forward. We believe that the best ideas can come from everyone, so we encourage taking ownership and maintain a culture of servant leadership that allows engineers to drive features.
About The Role
We are looking for a proactive, driven engineer who is hungry to contribute using their deep and fundamental knowledge in software development and automation. You will be responsible for the architecture, development, and evolution of key products and features at Coda.
We work remotely from over 20 countries across the globe. We have development offices in key locations throughout Asia as well, in case you prefer working from an office. We hire top engineers, and give them the flexibility to work productively as part of a distributed team!
- Develop features using modern front end technologies
- Collaborate with back end developers and contribute to API development when necessary
- Work directly Product and Technology team members to define features
- Collaborate with other team members to learn and share best practices
- Understand and constantly optimize our products, identifying and fixing problems, improving stability and user experience
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team
- Debug production issues across services
- Participate in on-call rotations as needed (we support a healthy work/life balance, so we invest in minimizing out-of-office interruptions and we use rotations to minimize on-call days)
- At least 2+ years of experience in software development
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Knowledge and practical experience in one or more back end programming languages (Java, Scala, Kotlin, Groovy, Go, C/C++, Rust, Python, C#, etc.) and the ability to learn new programming languages quickly
- Strong understanding of software architecture
- Understanding of data systems and how to query/interact with them (RDBMS, NoSQL, Queues, etc.)
- A desire to build automation into everything you do, including implementing state of the art CI/CD practices and test automation
- Understanding of agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum)
- Good command of the English language and the ability to communicate effectively
Bonus if you have
- Strong knowledge of Vue.js
- Experience in FinTech or related fields requiring strong security discipline
About the Codacash Team
The Codacash team owns a host of exciting products. Codacash is Coda's own e-wallet offering that aims to make the purchase experience on Codashop easy, fun and secure. We also build incentive mechanics that provide creative ways for our Marketing teams to reward our loyal users. Finally, we tie it all together under Codashop Accounts, which helps Codashop offer a personalised and engaging experience.
Working at Coda
Life at Coda is fast-paced, challenging, and fun. As a rapidly growing global company, we’re always looking to step up and adapt to changes quickly; there is never a dull day at Coda.
Nonetheless, we value work-life balance as much as you do. At Coda, remote and flexible working arrangements take centre stage for Codans to work smartly and have autonomy in how they work.
We make things happen in the most impactful and effective manner. We are looking for someone eager to initiate new ideas, hungry to contribute more, derives satisfaction from team wins rather than individual ones, and values integrity. If this sounds like you, you will fit perfectly into our Coda team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on gender, race, age, religion, disability, or other local protected class. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive environment for all employees, and we welcome the diversity that you will bring!
We are sorry to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be notified as we may be overwhelmed by the number of applicants coming into our system; hence if you do not get a reply from us - don’t give up on us just yet!
We encourage you also to check out our career site at https://www.codapayments.com/careers - we may have other suitable openings for you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are the platform of choice for taking life's digital experiences over the top.