Head of Marketing Strategy and Operations
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Reporting to the Global Head of Marketing, you will establish and lead the Global Marketing Strategy & Operations team. You will work closely with other global and regional teammates to develop a winning global strategy and make sure we have the right tech stack, processes, and systems to achieve our goals. You will own a multifaceted portfolio that spans both core strategy and operations, including business planning and reporting, systems design and implementation, and analytics. You will join the Airwallex Marketing team during a critical period. Following rapid growth, we are building a team that enables both global consistency in process, tooling and methodology and local flexibility and speed in execution. This is a great opportunity to join that team and help shape the next phase of Airwallex’s growth.
- Build Marketing Strategy & Operations as global disciplines at Airwallex, hiring top-class marketers and establishing a high-functioning team.
- Own strategy, planning, and reviews for the Global Marketing team, and make sure that we have the right resourcing, systems, and processes needed to achieve OKRs.
- Develop a strong Marketing services capability that includes scaled production, quality assurance, and reporting.
- Guide the migration to and adoption of new technologies that will help improve the team’s output and effectiveness, and drive enablement among marketers.
- Collaborate closely with counterparts in Data and Systems to make sure we have an aligned tech roadmap, well maintained integrations, and a solid data foundation.
- Oversee critical processes, from lead management to OKR setting, to make sure we operate efficiently and consistently across the globe.
- Build Analytics capabilities within the team that can surface critical data and insights, and help marketers improve strategy and campaign effectiveness.
What You Bring
- 10+ years of experience in Marketing Strategy & Operations, preferably at a high-growth technology company or top-tier strategy consulting firm. Ideally, 5+ years of team management experience.
- Deep experience with with Salesforce and marketing automation platforms like Marketo and Pardot
- Comfort to manage annual planning, budget and headcount, OKR setting and measurement, quarterly business reviews, and strategy alignment and articulation.
- Innate intellectual curiosity to understand our customers’ problems inside-out and to know how our product offering can help.
- Comfort working cross-functionally with stakeholders at varying levels of seniority, and an appreciation of the balance between global scale and local nuance.
- An understanding of how to make “process” beneficial to an organisation’s speed and efficiency, and not a tax on growth.
- The ability to generate insight from complex data, and to use that insight to improve messaging, strategy, and overall campaign performance.
- A track record of enabling marketers to deliver high quality user comms at scale, in different languages, and with zero tolerance for lapses in quality.
- A fundamental understanding of data systems, models, and architecture, and experience working with tech teams to develop the right underlying infrastructure to support a growing Marketing stack.
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. You’ll be offered a competitive salary and we also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
Your application has been successfully submitted.