Analyst - Product/Risk
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Who you are
We are looking for ambitious people with significant drive! We need problem solvers, initiative takers, people that see opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment (there will be some Euro work hours involved!). You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level - thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to deliver and grow as an individual. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent in doing so.
Analytics at Klarna
Analytics is at the heart of Klarna’s success. An analyst at Klarna provides analytical and business expertise to ensure that we deliver value to customers, Klarna and our investors. You will be acting as a bridge between the models, operations, products and business decisions and expected to know how to build strategies by connecting them. Think of an analyst at Klarna as a "Swiss army knife".
Klarna is a data driven company where decisions are based on facts and not opinions. Analytics is integrated in the organisation and a key function in many different areas - some examples include credit risk, finance, fraud, HR, product development and sales. Even if Analytics is applied in many different areas there are some things that all analysts have in common: a strong drive combined with analytical skills and a great team spirit!
As your career develops you will develop expertise in certain areas. However, there are a number of core skills shared by all analysts at Klarna. Klarnauts in the Analytics Competence and especially for this role have the ability to apply the following approach:
What you'll do
- Analyse trends within the Australian market from a product and risk perspective
- Compile, analyse and update reporting for all key risk and product metrics
- Create structure in disordered information/data
- Design and implement strategies in a rapidly evolving industry
- Generate insights and recommendations
- Communicate insights and recommendations
You should have
- A degree from a university in a numerate subject (e.g. Economics, Science, Engineering or Business).
- 1-2 years analytics work experience
- An understanding how to perform data extraction and manipulation, as well as programming languages is a plus (SQL, R, Python, MatLab, Java, C# etc…)
- The ability to work autonomously
You might also have
- Strong attention to detail and experience in using structured approaches to problem solving
- Strong conceptual ability
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Top tier health insurance with all the extras for you and any dependants/defacto you may have!
- Life and income protection insurance
- $500 annual health and wellness allowance
- On Thursday lunch is on us - We love a good catered lunch!
- Weekly and monthly office celebrations
- Secondments - AKA The chance to work in one of our offices in EU or the US - once the borders reopen of course!
- Personal and professional development and training
- Flexible working arrangements - Monday, Wednesday and Friday work from anywhere :)
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.