This job is no longer accepting applications.
Ready for a challenge? Opportunity to be a part of one of the most exciting retail transformations in Australia.
The Woolworths Group has been focused on the importance of digital and what we need to do to better serve our customers and to create shopping experiences that are personalised, seamless and convenient. In response to this, we have combined our Digital and Loyalty businesses under the new banner of WooliesX.
We are creating a new team, with new practices, a modern and dynamic engineering culture and we are investing in the right people and resources to make it possible.
How we roll:
A start-over helping transform our digital practice and disrupt Woolworths and the market, we’re made up of smart people with smart ideas. We’re proud of the work we do and want to be known for delivering exceptional client experiences.
We’re resourceful, inventive and willing to experiment; with the autonomy to doing things our way which have a real impact. We’re a new team with great work life balance.
Where we play:
WooliesX Hub is based is based 2 minutes walk from Central station and walking distance from all the cafes and restaurants that Surry Hills has to offer. The brand new site has been designed to support flexible working with different spaces for different activities such as collaboration, brainstorming or just chilling out.
At WooliesX, we also believe in flexible working, and our teams also have the option to work from home or our corporate head office in Bella Vista.
You will partner with product, experience, and architecture teams to influence our products’ direction and devise an agile delivery plan to get there. You will be responsible for working collaboratively with technology leads from multiple squads, providing strategic thinking and leadership to empower these teams to achieve their goals.
Further, responsibilities include:
- Devise tech strategy aligned with the business strategy and partner with Tribe and Product Leads to execute the tech strategy effectively
- Drive change to build, showcase and share technology best practices and evangelise engineering practice across the business
- Work closely with the stakeholder to propose a resourcing strategy and assist in recruiting, hiring and onboarding top talent.
- Effectively managing expectations and proactively resolving structural, cultural, process and organisational issues both within and outside of the tribe
- Actively monitoring progress, mitigating risks and dependencies and providing updates to the executive team
- Work collaboratively with Technology Leads for all of the Food Supers squads to ensure that they are all following best practices for coding.
- Work with individual technology members to get a deep understanding of technology issues and help lean in and remove these blockers.
- You are a leader with demonstrated experience in managing and leading multidisciplinary engineering teams with a focus on business results, not output
- You are a passionate problem-solver, a forward-thinker who can grow, change, challenge and can support and manage escalated technical challenges.
- You have strong organisational and communication skills with demonstrated ability to engage, influence and negotiate at all levels with a wide range of stakeholders.
- You are naturally curious and empathetic, who thinks differently and thinks big. You deal with complexity by collaborating with colleagues, listening to customers, testing ideas and continuously learning. You take authorship for what you create.
- You get agile and have a strong experience in agile delivery, ability to balance rapid iteration speed with continually improving the overall stability, scalability, security and modularity of the product.
- Significant experience with building highly scalable and resilient distributed cloud applications
What’s in it for you?
- An attractive remuneration package
- Added benefits - Including staff discounts, flexible working, social club and much more (Site dependant)
- Tech options - Woolworths is the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile and have BYOD options too
- Work variety - The opportunity to work on multiple brands and sizeable initiatives
- Training and Education - We pride ourselves in helping you realise your potential and allow you to be innovative
- An exciting career - As our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people.
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Reimagining the everyday