Senior Software Engineer (Java)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates who are currently in Singapore with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
The candidate will be responsible for design and implementation of the platform for consumer facing mobile and digital products. Must be able to coordinate and manage input from business and technology stakeholders across the enterprise and be responsible for the design and execution of large-scale technology initiatives. The role is a self-organized Senior Software Engineer with solid Java and web service development experience. In this position, you are first and foremost a passionate and talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical leadership, problem solving abilities, coding, testing and debugging skills is just a start. You must be dedicated to filling product backlog and delivering production-ready code in three to five week sprints. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and prepared to do a little bit of everything. This position is based in Singapore and will report to the Director of Software Engineering
- 2 or more years of work experience in Java and web service development with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD) in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields.
- 3 or more years of work experience in Java and web service development with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD) in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields.
- Experience with web services standards and related technologies (HTTP, Spring, XML, JSON, REST, WS*, AXIS, JERSEY)
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for mobile platform
- Experience programming in Java, J2EE
- Solid understanding of database technologies and SQL and JPA.
- Preferred Experience in payments integration and / or online ecommerce shopping and / or Payment gateways.
- Proven problem solving skills and an ability to respond resourcefully to new demands, priorities and challenges
- Strong dedication to test automation and Test Driven Development
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to convey development concepts related to network, application, and systems - to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives. • Proven ability to work and have fun in a team environment.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This role will require the incumbent to work during core business hours
This role will require the incumbent to travel <5% of the time
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions