Flutter Developer (Android specialist)
At WooliesX, our people believe in creating better everyday experiences for our community.
With 1,800+ team members, multiple practices and over 100 chapters, there’s a home for everyone here. Whether your interests lie in data driven insights and product engineering, digital media, ecom, operations, customer advocacy, commercial, agile or more, you can find your squad across all kinds of capabilities.
Our squads live their “one day”, every day. We work on Australia’s most innovative tech, design, engineering and more to transform the way that millions of Australians live and shop. Physically, you can find us in Surry Hills, but virtually, we can be anywhere.
Our culture combines the support, care and freedom that comes with being part of the Woolworths Group. We are an agile team embracing diversity of thought and positive change. We thrive on pragmatism, mutual respect, care, curiosity, openness, and a proactive attitude. As a team we continually seek ways to support and learn from each other.
About The Role
WooliesX are seeking an Android Engineer to join one of the squads in the Smart Fulfillment Tribe. The Smart Fulfilment Tribe primarily focuses on bringing great and efficient experiences to our operations teams and customers. This is a fabulous opportunity for the ideal candidate to work from anywhere in Australia!
You Will Have The Opportunity To Work In a Passionate And Supportive Team, Time Will Be Spent Building Relationships And Engaging Stakeholders, As Well As
- Design, implement and support features for the WooliesGo flutter app, used by Fleet and P2P delivery drivers
- Use best practices to deliver high quality code; Unit-test code for robustness including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones from draft to implementation
- Actively participate in all phases of the SDLC
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from, product management, UI designers, platform lead and other engineers on a tightly knit team cross-functional and agile team
- Help define and encourage best practices, actively participate in code reviews
- Contribute to a culture of automated testing
- Focus on continuous improvement of the product, developer tool sets and productivity
- Help evolve our technology stack to industry best practice
- Coach and mentor more junior software engineers, helping them upskill through your guidance, advice and knowledge sharing
Our new Android Engineer will be driven and passionate, keen to get things done and able to make an impact in a fast-paced environment. We’re looking for a team player with:
- Experience or interest in learning Flutter
- Demonstrable experience building, releasing and supporting multiple Android apps
- 4+ years experience in native Android app development
- 4+ years experience in aspects of the mobile SDLC life cycle
- Deep knowledge of the Android SDK
- Understanding of architecting complex Android solutions, experience in both MVVM and MVP
- Strong knowledge of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- An appreciation of good API design in a mobile context
- Writing & maintaining Unit tests and UI tests
- Familiarity with continuous integration
Sound like your next opportunity? Apply now!
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do. As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference. We value diversity and aim to create a vibrant and inclusive workforce which reflects the communities we serve.
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can follow us on LinkedIn or see more opportunities via www.wowcareers.com.au.
Your application has been successfully submitted.