Senior Deposits Product Manager
Job Type: Contract
Location: Melbourne or Sydney; other locations will be considered
Job Category: Banking and Financial Services
If you enjoy working as part of a team, delivering results, being an autonomous decision maker, showing initiative to deliver new opportunities, we want you to get in touch. This role will initially be offered as a 12 month contract.
Who are we?
We’re Judo Bank. A purpose-built challenger bank, built on old-fashioned values like integrity, trusted relationships and an enterprising spirit. Born out of a desire to reinvent the craft of relationship banking for the Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) market, and to challenge the status quo in a market dominated by the four major banks.
We started from a PowerPoint and a bold vision to make a difference in Australian business banking. In a few short years we have grown significantly and with offices in each state Judo Bank is one of the fastest growing new banks in the world. We’re proud to support Australian SMEs and are a business built on trusted relationships, putting our people and customers in the centre of everything we do.
Being agile and adaptive, we are purpose built to say yes, to make it easier for our customers to get the funding they need, when they need it. We pride ourselves on our personal relationships with customers, our diverse workforce and collaborative culture.
Now, about this role…
If you love:
- Leading and influencing large parts of the deposit business to ensure we meet the business, regulatory and customer expectations, with our deposit products
- Being passionate about building and delivering excellent deposit products & experiences to our customers
- Working in a diverse workforce where you can bring your own capabilities, experiences and knowledge to help build the foundations of Judo
Then this just might be…
Your dream job:
- Drive focus in the business to ensure volume and funding cost metrics are met as per plan
- Identify opportunities to introduce new capabilities, products & strategies to enhance business performance and improve customer experience
- Own and deliver businesses cases to support new product or segment opportunities including discussion at ALCO, Management Board and Board as required
- Work with the business & project teams as the product SME & leader, delivering new products & enhancements to market, and embed change across the business.
- Be self-motivated and can work independently to understand, interpret, challenge & deliver against business & customer needs
- Have the ability to gather, organise and disseminate large amounts of information from various sources and deliver clear insights, ensure the right customer experiences are delivered and proper procedures are established
- Engage widely across both internal and external stakeholders to gather feedback on Judo’s products to identify improvement opportunities
- Be comfortable working in a regulated environment & ensuring our products meet customer and community expectations
- Identify business requirements for enhancements to systems and / or business processes and is willing to document, explain and lead the team to make such changes
- Be accountable for the delivery of regulatory reporting, audits, or general business reporting as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
A little bit about you…
- The skills you’ve picked up along the way:
- A proven problem solver and analytical thinker
- Sound, empathic interpersonal skills at all organisational level
- Strong attention to detail & ability to communicate requirements
- Outstanding ability to manage stakeholder at all levels
- Ability to develop and articulate compelling business cases to ensure product initiatives are delivered
- Ability to think big, but also get into the weeds and do the hard stuff
Your life pre-Judo:
- Experience in the banking industry preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Be degree qualified & have minimum 6 years professional experience
- Have experience working on retail, SMS for business deposits (preferred but not essential)
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Experience working in projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Confidence presenting to stakeholders at all levels
- Australian working rights
Judo’s culture sets us apart…
- Accountability – make the decision and own it. Do what you say.
- Performance – make today better, stronger and faster than yesterday.
- Teamwork – we’re not a team of champions, we’re a champion team.
- Trust – the foundation of our purpose and our relationships.
We are looking for people who are:
Resilient | Positive | Inquisitive | Hungry | Adaptive | Passionate | Courageous | Decisive | Hands on
What our team members say about us:
Our people are empowered to make decisions, take ownership, and have their say. Bureaucracy is left at the door and it’s all about the team. We are passionate about attracting, embracing and celebrating diverse talent. Judo is a place where everyone belongs, where our people and customers thrive because our unique differences make us collectively stronger. Our people work hard with our purpose in mind and have a lot of fun in the process – revolutionising Australian SME business banking and working in the best job they have ever had!
Some of our Perks:
- 6 weeks’ annual leave
- Yearly happiness allowance to spend on your health, family, a charity or whatever makes you happy (not your gas bill!)
- Big life event leave
- Home office set up allowance when you first start
- Flexible work environment
- And much, much more!
If this is the perfect fit for you, please reach out – we’d love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.