Senior Data Scientist
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
What You Will Do
- Define, understand, and test opportunities and levers to improve the product, and drive roadmaps through your insights and recommendations
- Work with large and complex data sets to solve a wide array of business problems using different analytical and statistical approaches
- Apply technical expertise with quantitative analysis, experimentation, data mining, and the presentation of data to develop strategies for our products Identify and measure success of product efforts through goal setting, forecasting, and monitoring of key product metrics to understand trends.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and cross-functional teams to inform, influence, support, and execute product strategy and investment decisions
What You Will Bring
- 5+ years industry experience and an advanced degree in a quantitative field
- Experience with communicating the results of analyses to executives and cross-functional teams to influence the strategy
- Expert in data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), and/or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R), experience in schema design and dimensional data modeling a plus
- Ability to perform statistical analysis to drive data-informed decisions
- Experience in technology, financial services and/or a high growth environment is advantageous
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
Your application has been successfully submitted.