Global Public Policy Lead
Global Public Policy Lead
Nium: A global leader in modern money movement
At Nium, we are changing the world one transaction at a time. By eliminating the complexity in global payments, we are moving the world closer to a future of frictionless commerce. It’s our modular platform that helps businesses pay and get paid across the globe with services for pay-outs, pay-ins, card issuance, crypto-as-a-service, and banking-as-a-service.
Once connected to our platform, businesses can pay out in more than 100 currencies to over 190 countries - 85 of which in real time. Funds can be received in 27 markets, including Southeast Asia, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, India, and the US. Our growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries, including Europe (SEPA), the UK, Australia and Singapore. Nium owns a broad portfolio of payments licenses across 11 countries, enabling seamless global payments and rapid integration, regardless of geography.
And now we’re building a world-class team to help us bring our mission of powering a future of frictionless commerce to life. If you’re a risk taker, a maverick who embraces our values of simply, better, together. If you see the world as it should be, not what it is. If you’re a problem solver and a builder, then be a part of our element of success, and come join us today.
Where do you come into the picture?
Nium is looking for a leader to build and manage its global public policy platform. Reporting to Nium’s General Counsel, you will be responsible for shaping Nium’s global policy strategy for geographic and platform expansion, deepening Nium’s relationships with key government agencies and regulators, and working to advance policy issues that are critical to Nium and its customers.
What will a day Nium look like?
As Global Public Policy Lead, you will:
- Establish the vision for public policy at Nium, collaborating with a cross-functional group of senior leadership to identify policy priorities and objectives.
- Foster relationships with key government agencies and regulators.
- Advance policy issues that are important to Nium and its customers through direct advocacy and via coordination with trade associations and coalitions.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including product, business, marketing, legal and compliance to accelerate Nium’s footprint expansion and new product ships, and to ensure that product design and business expansion incorporates solid policy fundamentals.
- Engage and manage trade associations, coalitions, and consultants to support the execution of Nium’s policy platform.
- Build effective and scalable policy processes and infrastructure to support Nium’s continued rapid growth.
- Act as a trusted advisor to Nium’s leadership team.
- 8+ years of experience working in public policy, in a public sector or private sector position.
- Strong political and governmental connections in at least one core Nium market (e.g. Singapore, US or UK / EU).
- A combination of political savvy and the ability to go deep into complex policy issues, ideally with experience in financial technology, financial services and payments regulation.
- Demonstrated experience in trade association coordination and coalition building.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, challenging and changing environment with hands-on involvement and excellent judgement.
- Results oriented – ability to find solutions to difficult problems quickly and effectively
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to engage effectively with, and influence, a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Passion for technology, strong business acumen and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and push projects forward with urgency and rigor
- Curiosity and a desire to learn and stretch into areas outside of your existing expertise.
We, at Nium, are on a mission to transform modern money movement. We are driven by our co-created values of "seek the simple", "make it better" and "win it together".
These aren't just buzzwords; they're how we do business every day and owned by each and every employee at Nium. We create new rules and new possibilities for a world of open money.
We are looking for owners who can:
- Cut through chaos and ambiguity to simplify complexity at speed and scale
- Remain restless, brave and passionate, taking accountability to constantly create something better
- Transcend borders to collaborate with trust, empathy and compassion
- Comprehensive medical and dental plans
- Employee referral bonus program
- Work for a company whose values focus on career advancement, mentoring and transparency
- Generous PTO in addition to paid leave between Christmas and New Year
- Company-wide social events, happy hours, and so much more.
Your application has been successfully submitted.