Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our strong team of 600+ Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of payments and commerce for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
About the Role
Quality Engineers work with the delivery teams in their tribes to build up their quality skills and practices, so they are self-sufficient in terms of the quality of their deliverables, centred around the three components of the Quality Engineering Strategy: shift left, improve the centre, and shift right. End-to-End testing, preventing defects, automation testing and overall responsible for quality.
Quality Engineers work with their tribe and the rest of engineering to deliver cross-cutting quality improvements, driven by the Quality Engineering Strategy.
You will assist the Engineering tribes with defining and understanding what quality means for their deliverables. You will work to improve how we can assess of the quality of what we deliver, so that it can provide input for quality improvement initiatives.
What you'll do
- Engage with software engineers to embed quality in all stages of development
- Provide domain expertise in the systems we build, and the customers who use them
- Consider risk when making decisions on quality
- Provide relevant exploratory testing that helps highlight real issues with the systems being developed
- Identifying opportunities where automation is required to support the ongoing quality of the Tyro systems
- Testing frameworks and methodologies that will support the team goals with respect to quality
- Working and being comfortable with testing in a cloud-based environment
- Understand CI/CD pipelines and how they relate to testing at different stages of the pipeline
- Responsible for the identification and management of risk in day to day responsibilities.
- Comply with Tyro policies and procedures including completing mandatory training within the required timeframes.
- Role model positive risk behaviours and contribute towards a strong risk culture at Tyro.
What you'll need
- A passion for helping build the highest quality products
- Experience working closely with developers, product and delivery managers, and other stakeholders
- The confidence to challenge existing ideas and viewpoints
- A desire to be involved in all aspects of product development from inception through planning, design, implementation, and delivery
- Experience, or at least a strong desire, to work in a cross-functional delivery team acting as a test advocate
- Analytical and critical thinking skills - asking good questions, challenges assumptions and challenge existing ideas and viewpoints
- System-thinking skills to understand the big picture or holistic view
- Influencing skills to drive quality initiatives and have difficult conversations to make progress
- Experience with testing in a cloud-based environment, knowledge of AWS infrastructure
- Experience in testing Microservices
- Knowledge of test automation and continuous delivery models
- Knowledge of functional and non-functional testing
- Knowledge of testing frameworks and methodologies or new ways to get faster feedback and gain confidence in the quality of our products.
- Experience in payments domain.
Perks & Benefits
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and many more!
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 600 staff, $34 billion in transactions in FY22, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses.
Wow the Customer - We love our customers and we want them to love us too.
Be Good - We're open and transparent, and we do the right thing - even when nobody's watching or it's really hard.
Commit to Greatness - We think big, move fast and dare to be different. We're always asking "what's next?"
Stay Hungry - We ooze passion and determination and we play as a team to win.
Win Together - We are a united team. With growth mindsets and without ego, we embrace diversity to collaborate, innovate and accelerate.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV’s. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer and commit to responding to every applicant.
Your application has been successfully submitted.