Software Engineer Senior (C++ and Payments Systems)
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :
10 - 15%
We are FIS. Our technology powers the world’s economy and our teams bring innovation to life. We champion diversity to deliver the best products and solutions for our colleagues, clients and communities. If you’re ready to start learning, growing and making an impact with a career in fintech, we’d like to know: Are you FIS?
About the team
As a Software Engineer you could work with bleeding edge technology as you build innovative fintech products that change the way the world pays, banks and invests. This will involve developing core versions of software applications, identifying client requirements and technical specifications, interacting with engineering groups and training clients on applications.
What you will be doing
• Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked or Internet-related computer programs. (Code must be used in core version of applications available for sale commercially.)
• Interacts with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
• Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
• Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
• Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming languages and technologies.
• Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
• Trains and communicates with internal Client Training, Client Relationship and Sales teams on systems application.
• May be responsible for developing or executing project plans, budgets and schedules and for documenting work and results.
• May deliver informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups to internal and/or external audiences.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring
• C++ experience is required
• Payments Systems background is a plus
• IST Switch / Cortex background is a plus
• Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, e.g., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
• In-depth understanding of design patterns and their application
• Fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
What we offer you
A career at FIS is more than just a job. It’s the change to shape the future of fintech.
• Competitive salary and benefits
• A voice in the future of fintech
• Always-on learning and development
• Collaborative work environment
• Opportunities to give back
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.