This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you. We are a diverse, creative, and motivated team and are looking for someone who values these qualities and embodies the Adyen Formula.
Content Writer , Japan
We are looking for a Content Writer for Japan, reporting directly to the Marketing Lead, Japan while collaborating on a day-to-day basis with our APAC Content team and Japan Marketing Manager. You will translate our marketing goals into memorable creative content projects for our Japan market. The ideal candidate has a passion for tech and marketing, and is comfortable collaborating with a variety of teams. You are curious and strive to understand the motivations, behaviors and activities of our audience.
Why we create content
- To tell the stories of how amazing companies grow alongside us.
- Teach, inform, and share knowledge about payments and technology.
- Give a voice to our company on a range of platforms through great content.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a storyteller and a content writer by collaborating with internal and external teams to take our content to a new level and position us further as the leader in the payments industry;
- Create and write content with a strong commercial focus across a number of channels and formats such as website, email, blog, brochures, reports, product documentation, email marketing, video creations, case studies, social media, regulatory information and so on;
- Research and curate background information, data, audience insights, and newsworthy information to be used throughout content.
- Manage the Japan website; work closely with the Global team to translate any new pages / sections, manage the relationship with the translation agency, create blog content specific for Japan audience and keep the Japan website up to date with SEO requirements
- Work closely with the Content team in APAC and the Japan Marketing Managers and PR Manager to help develop, optimize and manage the Japan content strategy and roadmap around key themes and topics;
- Work with the digital teams, and external agencies to drive targeted traffic to our site with optimized web copy and to optimize our lead nurture email campaigns content based on engagement metrics.
- Work alongside the country marketing manager, design and events team to create video and social content with a strong commercial focus across a number of channels and formats. Manage Japan’s organic social content calendar and social channels to actively increase our followers and engagement via organic content.
Who You Are
- You are curious and strive to understand the motivations, behaviors, and activities of our audience. You want to tell stories in the most interesting way;
- You have an impeccable eye for detail and ability to approach tasks with a journalistic attitude to find the angles and stories that matter. A background in journalism is a plus;
- You have a good understanding of SEO, social media, email marketing, and how it fits into the bigger picture of content marketing and the way people interact with content;
- 4 years of experience as a content professional (ideally B2B focus).
- You have a strong digital background including a good grasp of analytics and user experience;
- Ability to self-start, stick to deadlines, and drive projects forward. Comfortable in a very hands-on working environment;
- Excellent command of the Japanese language and business-level communication skills in English. Additional Asian language ability is a plus.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to solve them - voices like yours. So no matter where you're from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. However, even if you don't meet 100% of the criteria, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.