For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About The Role
An incumbent will be responsible managing the legal business matters pertaining to Verifone and provide a general corporate and commercial legal services to the Organization.
What You'll Do
- Manage legal business matters pertaining to the organization.
- Provide a variety of general corporate and commercial legal services to a number of in-house clients.
- Provide smart, practical and commercial legal advice.
- Acts as advisor on legal issues involving the organization’s regulatory compliance.
- Negotiate, draft and advise on a broad variety of commercial matters, including service agreements; master services agreements, outsourcing agreements, statements of work and amendments; and supplier- and vendor-facing service agreements licensing; software development agreements; payment transactions; and distributor arrangements.
- The individual in this role must gain the confidence of the business group and will work closely with both mid- and senior level management, providing timely legal advice, and effectively mitigating legal risk while optimizing business opportunity.
- Complies with and supports all of Verifone’s business processes, internal control policies and procedures.
- Supports sales teams on RFP bids.
- With respect to the company’s customer agreements, assist Indonesia sales team to successfully close transactions in a manner consistent with company’s policies and best interests.
- Demonstrates experience in general commercial matters, including compliance, drafting transactional documents, data privacy and risk management.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Post-qualification experience: 5-7 years
- In-house experience essential
- Experience in the IT industry preferable.
- Qualified to practice law in Indonesia.
- Fluency in the Bahasa language (written and spoken) essential. Standard: able to draft/review legal agreements
Skills And Characteristics
- Strong drafting, attention to detail and negotiating skills with demonstrated problem-solving experience.
- Competent, mature legal professional who can advise – and take – smart legal risks.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to lead or participate in conference calls.
- Practical and solutions oriented. Works to be a smart problem-solver.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position, as described above and as modified from time to time based on the needs of the company.
- Strong and clear communicator, both internally and externally.
- Thorough understanding of relevant laws and regulatory framework; able to practically guide business within the same.
- Seek to understand and facilitate business partner’s goals; demonstrate enthusiasm for business.
- Strong sense of responsibility and support for the team. Team player, strong relationship builder yet proactive and independent worker. A self-starter with strong work ethic.
- Able to build real relationships at all levels and in a variety of cultures and business situations.
- Maintain and demonstrate integrity and professionalism.
- Experience with corporate transactions, commercial/operational business arrangements.
- Taking the initiative to independently manage and juggle multiple tasks.
- Able to manage multiple priorities with “can do” attitude, work cross-functionally and meet tight deadlines.
- Proactive, organized, self-motivated and self-disciplined.
- Willing and able to work in a fast-paced, emerging technology company environment.
- Region of coverage is predominately Indonesia and other regions within Asia as designated from time to time.
- Based in Singapore to sit with the Asia Finance team.
- Forms part of the Asia Pacific Legal team.
- Contract role: 12 months
- Part time: 3 days a week on site.
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.