Graduate Application Platform Engineer (July 2023)
Working as a DevOps/Platform Engineer in the Platform Security team means working on capabilities providing security-as-a-service for the wider Tyro organisation. You'll be working in a team that embraces pairing, mentoring technical knowledge, and supporting each other to deliver our capabilities.
- Providing x509 certificates as a service and helping teams with solutions to incorporate into their systems.
- Identity and access management for system and human roles in AWS. We leverage controls to allow teams to self-serve their own access under guardrails.
- Foundational management of AWS accounts. This includes the process to create and delete AWS accounts, and the necessary security controls.
- Secrets as a service and solutions for how they are presented to application systems.
- The Tyro tokenisation system, which handles sensitive data in a way that only applicable systems get access to the data.
In This Role You Will
- Usage of both scripting and programming languages (mainly Golang and Java)
- Infrastructure as Code for AWS and Hashicorp Vault using Terraform.
- Change management with tools like CI/CD pipelines and GitOps
- Building tools and systems to enable Product Technology teams to self-service their own work under guardrails and sensible defaults.
- Usage and building functionality into Kubernetes.
- Learning software engineering methodologies and contributing your ideas for the work we do and how it is implemented.
- Responsible for the identification and management of risk in day to day responsibilities.
- Comply with Tyro policies and procedures including completing mandatory training within the required timeframes.
- Role model positive risk behaviours and contribute towards a strong risk culture at Tyro.
Desired Qualifications And Experience
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- Computer systems and networks
On top of a relevant degree, the following experience will be favourable:
- Strong communication and the ability to work in a team. We believe that our collective experiences will drive us to better outcomes than if we were to go at it alone
- Curiosity and willingness to learn. We are often met with challenges where we must spend time learning and upskilling to overcome them.
- Programming experience in a major language, including good design and testing principals
- Experience with AWS, or any other major cloud provider, using Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with CI/CD systems
Why work for us
We want to work in the company of supportive and inclusive people. To that end, we value and respect employees of all backgrounds, cultures, gender identities, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, and all other characteristics that create a varied and representative team of humans. All applicants will be considered fairly, so if you feel in your bones that you're right for this role, please apply!
Culture and Perks
We offer competitive graduate salary and some amazing employee benefits such as learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, long service leave program, novated leasing, and a Short Term Incentive Program to name a few.
You will work autonomously, and will be trusted to make your own decisions and prioritise effectively. You will report to a manager, and support will always be there if you need it, but we don't micro-manage.
This role is full time and we offer a flexible hybrid working arrangement. You'll be provided with a laptop and all the tools and support you need to succeed.
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Who We Are
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia's largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 500 staff, $20.1 billion in transactions in FY20, we're much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses. Find out how you can be a part of the Tyro journey today.
We love a reference portfolio - even if that's just a hobby project. If you have contributed to open source projects, charitable organisations or progressed personal projects, please send us a link to your project github/gitlab/bitbucket page, website or app.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Your application has been successfully submitted.