Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our strong team of 600+ Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of payments and commerce for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
Reporting to the Head of Security Delivery you will be joining broader team of twelve that works closely with the rest of the security team and the wider business. As a Security Architect you will help design and influence key security services, processes and solutions to help protect Tyro from current and emerging threats.
What You'll Be Doing
- Drive security maturity improvements and risk reduction at Tyro through identifying prioritising and driving cross cutting changes from business case development and stakeholder engagement through to implementation
- Defining, maintaining and influencing adoption of security patterns for security controls in both cloud and on-premise environments
- Provide security architectural expertise to teams across Tyro on existing and new solutions, particularly on larger and more complex projects
- Assist with the design, technical spikes, and implementation of security owned services and processes
- Attend, actively participate and present at events including architectural design meetings, guilds, tech demos, and community of practice events
- Coach, mentor and provide guidance to other team members
- Responsible for the identification and management of risk in day to day responsibilities
- Comply with Tyro policies and procedures including completing mandatory training within the required timeframes
- Role model positive risk behaviours and contribute towards a strong risk culture at Tyro
What We Are Looking For
- 5+ years in a security related hands on role designing services and processes (including time building and maintaining secure solutions)
- Technical vision; knowing what we should build today for the challenges faced tomorrow
- Detailed knowledge in at least one of the following domains: Secure by Design, Identity and Access Management, Data Protection and/or Security Incident Response
- Ability to interact with a broad cross-section of personnel to design security services appropriate to Tyro
Perks & Benefits
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and many more!
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 600 staff, $34 billion in transactions in FY22, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses.
Wow the Customer - We love our customers and we want them to love us too.
Be Good - We're open and transparent, and we do the right thing - even when nobody's watching or it's really hard.
Commit to Greatness - We think big, move fast and dare to be different. We're always asking "what's next?"
Stay Hungry - We ooze passion and determination and we play as a team to win.
Win Together - We are a united team. With growth mindsets and without ego, we embrace diversity to collaborate, innovate and accelerate.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV’s. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer and commit to responding to every applicant.
Your application has been successfully submitted.