Technical Support Representative II (Service Desk)
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
General Equivalency Diploma
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Drives issue resolution by making critical decisions that may impact multiple clients’ processing.
- Proactively investigates known and unknown error conditions and follows prescribed error correction procedures when they apply.
- Performs monitoring and operational management functions for associated hardware and software within 24x7 processing environment.
- Maintains peak performance at full capacity for all systems.
- Follows new/improved work procedures where appropriate, tests and implements program and/or systems changes, responds to processing problems and exercises sound judgment to make client impacting processing adjustments.
- Recognizes abnormal processing conditions and makes appropriate response decisions.
- Follows escalation procedures when appropriate to resolve errors in a timely manner.
- Makes use of available documentation to resolve errors and identifies/implements documentation gaps.
- Recognizes and implements/automates process enhancements.
- Monitors and responds accordingly to an array of system and application generated messages.
- Responds in a timely manner to questions and requests from incoming calls and incident tickets.
- Proactively maintains contact with clients and serves as client advocate to internal organizations.
- Analyzes problems/trends with client systems and applications and takes steps to avoid recurrence.
- Works on internal and external projects of various sizes, complexity.
- Contributes to existing and develops new solution approaches to the IT environment.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- At least 2-4 years of experience as Service Desk Technical Support
- Must be willing to work on a hybrid setup ( minimum of twice a month, maximum of twice a week. Depends on the business need)
- Must be willing to work on night shift
- Experience in Active Directory
- Experience in MS Exchange Server
- Experience in Server Troubleshooting
- Experience in Desktop Troubleshooting
- College Undergraduates and Non-Bachelor's Degree holders are welcome to apply
- Demonstrated knowledge of FIS products and services, financial services industry and mainframe and/or open systems operating systems
- Knowledge of clients objectives/business priorities and FIS role in achieving
- Ability to effectively use production control tools and resources encompassing mainframe, open system processing, processor link/Connex software, ATM’s, environments
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to multi-task, deal with predefined deadlines
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability, positive outlook, strong work ethic
- Resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Ability to analyze all system processing delays, failures and errors to determine the appropriate action necessary for resolution
- Ability to use troubleshooting applications and tools for first and second level issues
- Ability to use and reference system related documentation
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits
- Training across core financial FIS solutions
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.