Senior Tax Manager
We’re MYOB, and we’ve built the first Business Management Platform in Australia! As the #originalstartup, our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we are so much more. We help our Aussie and Kiwi customers unleash their full potential, giving them the tools to Start, Survive and Succeed all in the one place.
We’re always on the hunt for those who bring a different perspective, diversity of thought and the drive to make our culture even better. Take your career to a new dimension at MYOB.
About The Team
Overflowing with expertise, Group Services keeps MYOB highly tuned and up and running. Made up of several specialisd teams including commercial, finance, legal and risk, these are the professionals who drive our business performance, while always ensuring we’ve dotted our I's and crossed our T's!
As part of the Group Finance team, reporting to the Head of Group Finance, you will be critical in establishing and ensuring the adherence to the Group’s tax policies and risk frameworks. This role has a broad scope in leading the tax function across the spheres of Corporate, Transfer Pricing, Indirect and R&D tax activities.
What You'll Be Focused On...
- Provide leadership of the Tax function as the critical link between tax, finance and business operations to ensure the tax team is central in supporting business decisions
- Establish yourself as the go-to partner for consultation on tax matters
- Manage core tax compliance activities and regulatory reporting requirements, including tax effect accounting and the tax notes in financial statements
- Lead the R&D process including co-ordination with multiple stakeholders
- Support MYOB’s advocacy in taxation reform, in particular, for Australian SME’s
- Find new ways to simplify, collaborate, innovate, and improve the way that Group Finance supports MYOB’s operations
What You Will Bring...
- Excellence in managing a tax function with a multi-entity, AU/NZ jurisdictional footprint
- Strong people leadership skills to mentor and develop our tax team
- Intellectual curiosity with an analytical mindset
- Strong problem-solving skills with an aptitude for understanding complex system interactions
- Ability to build and maintain strategic working relationships with both internal and external partners at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to communicate broadly across all areas of MYOB
- CA/CPA/Masters of Tax qualified with 10+ yrs experience post qualification
You will be part of a high performing, collaborative team who take their work seriously but not themselves. We will work with you to craft the role to build on your strengths and interests.
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
🎥 See what it's like to work at MYOB and what we're all about.
🎯 Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
🎯 Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
🎯 Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
🎯 A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
🎯 Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
🎯 Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.