Director, Business IT
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who is Zip
We are Zip, a rapidly expanding global fintech headquartered out of Sydney, Australia with a growing presence focused in the US and UK markets.
We're here to simplify how the world pays for what they need by connecting merchants with consumers and offering them fair and seamless payment solutions, everywhere and every day. We’re also the brains behind Pocketbook, which helps almost a million Aussies take control of their money and improve their financial wellbeing.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They form our Mamba mentality - how we’re better than yesterday, and are used to create game-changing experiences for our customers and our people.
We are looking for a Director, Business IT who can own the IT strategy, planning and execution across our ANZ business. This role will have high visibility across the organisation, enabling our People & Place strategy for Zipsters to do the best work of their lives.
In this role, you will
- Provide the vision, leadership and management for all AU IT services
- Establish company infrastructure to support and guide teams, functions and Zipsters to do their best work
- Direct and manage strategic information technology plans, policies, programs, schedules, vendors and partnerships to accomplish Zip’s goals and objectives
- Lead the desktop support team, ensuring all hardware and software issues are attended to quickly and efficiently for Zipsters
- Advise our leadership team on strategic system conversions and integrations
Your skills and experience:
- 12-15+ years of experience in building and managing effective Information Technology teams, including at least 5+ years in a hands-on leadership role
- Demonstrated ability to run existing business support, while concurrently designing and planning for future IT needs
- Experience building and leading high performing Business IT functions
- Experience in IT strategic planning, office build outs and deployment of company-wide IT solutions
- Ability to influence and work effectively with other leaders to achieve key business and technology goals
- Experience in working through major organizational change including acquisitions and rolling out projects
We’re looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to cross - a future Zipster who will obsess over excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution. You've gotta hustle at Zip!
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
Benefits @ Zip
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Generous paid parental leave
- Birthday and wellness leave
- Epic offices with a casual dress code
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
- Free breakfast and weekly lunches
- Heaps of social events
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tap & Zip everywhere. Pay later.