Senior Developer - Front End
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who are we?
MYOB is a business platform. Our purpose is to help more businesses in Australia and New Zealand start, survive and succeed. Our team is continually growing, inventing and disrupting conventions. To make all this happen, we are dedicated in creating an exceptional flexible employee experience for all team members and offer a culture where you can be yourself. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to come and add to it, and make it even better!
How do we work?
We simplify, we collaborate, we find new ways to innovate, we set goals, we smash goals, and we always make the call. It’s the way we do things around here. We are inspired, authentic, and in the know… This is the MYOB Way.
Which team you will be joining?
We are the Design Systems team and are responsible for building tools to help other teams quickly deliver consistent and high-quality MYOB experiences to our customers.
We do this by not only using the latest technologies and methodologies but by partnering with our customers. We collaborate with other teams to understand what they need, build it for them, help them use it and observe how it is being used.
We know we are doing a phenomenal job when MYOB developers can quickly deliver solutions that our customers find easy and enjoyable to use.
What will you be doing?
Working within a collaborative and hardworking crew, this role will give you the opportunity to work on important initiatives delivering value and impact for our customers and for the MYOB business.
Being successful in your role will require you to take ownership of some exciting challenges and reason about the best approach to solving them. You don't have to have the right answer straight away, you are empowered to test ideas and assumptions. As we learn, the solution emerges.
The role will be most exciting for those who share our passion for learning and collaboration, affording numerous opportunities to share your knowledge and experience with your team and the wider business.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of development experience with a proven background developing front-end solutions
- Proven passion for TDD, clean code and software craftsmanship
- Proven strong understanding of at least one modern JS framework/library, e.g. React, Vue, Angular.
- Experience building, running and deploying to a cloud platform i.e. AWS, Azure, GCP etc.
- Experience with CI/CD build pipelines.
- Ability and willingness to work efficiently and collaboratively as a team member.
- Knowledge and understanding of agile software development methodologies and SDLC.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively elicit, interpret and translate processes and information from partners into sophisticated, but elegant, technical solutions.
- A love to learn. Reading books, blogs, trying new things within technology and sharing takeaways.
- Formal qualifications in a relevant field (i.e. IT, Computer Science or Engineering).
What we can offer you:
- We're an exciting B2B business (hence you may have not heard of us!), but we're behind the scenes helping many businesses survive and succeed. This means you get to work on engaging problems at scale.
- Small, collaborative, multi-functional culture, which means we're small enough for each role to make a difference, but big enough to matter in the market!
- Very encouraging of individual learning and development, offering lots of opportunities for training and development
- Flexible work arrangements.
Does this sound like you?
We would love to hear from you if it does, and/or If you’re seeking an opportunity to further develop your Engineering career, please apply now!
We demonstrate our Equal Employment Opportunity commitment by attracting, identifying and selecting high quality talent based on merit, and reward our people in various exciting initiatives, in return for their dedicated hard-work and commitment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Easy online accounting for small business with invoicing, expense tracking, payroll and more