Partner Engineer (Remote, Singapore)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the role
Partner Engineers help our marketplace/channel partners realize their commerce potential.
You will work with top marketplaces/channels around the world, understand their requirements, and help to prototype new solutions that will unlock commerce opportunities for our partners. You will support our partners on their integration journey, working closely with their developers, to deliver scalable products to high-intent users. Your relationship-building skills are key to success, and your technical experience will help to shape our integration practices in Shopify.
The Merchant Services, Partner Engineering team is based in North America and APAC, and works with top marketplaces around the world - think Facebook, Google, Rakuten, and eBay. Marketplaces help Shopify’s merchants list their products and sell effectively to new audiences of buyers.
This role is a remote position based in Singapore.
In this role, you will:
- Gain deep expertise about Shopify’s technology stack and APIs.
- Make integrating with Shopify more efficient, and integration as self-service as possible, driving best practices, identifying metrics to track, identifying how to change our process, identify which mechanisms or software Shopify needs to build.
- Work with marketplace/channel partners to understand their ideal commerce experience, work to influence and guide them on how to build a better marketplace integration, and to prototype using Shopify APIs.
- Assist marketplace/channel partners’ engineers in the technical build-up of the solution.
- Provide detailed technical support on how to code against existing Shopify’s APIs, and pair program marketplace/channel partners’ engineers where necessary.
- Resolve marketplace/channel partners’ engineers' queries on Shopify’s APIs.
- Build short-term partner-specific solutions for integration with Shopify.
- Native level Mandarin with high English proficiency
- 5+ years of experience as an engineer building web products, with a major language, and experience building software that scales
- Excellent software design skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Great analytical and troubleshooting skills with the desire to tackle challenges head-on
- Knowledge of Shopify’s ecosystem and APIs
- Bonus: 1. Experience in B2B pre-sales solutions engineering; 2. Experience working for China-related projects or experience working in China
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Anyone, anywhere, can start a business