Head of Business Operations, Japan
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Business Operations & Strategy is a cross-functional team working across the whole company. The team is a partner to the senior global leadership at Coinbase focusing on high-impact strategic projects and data analyses. The Leader for all Business Operations in Japan will partner directly with the Country Manager, effectively building out and executing our strategy in the market.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Collaborate directly with our Japan GM on day-to-day management on all Japan operations, strategy, product and expansion efforts
- Identify and execute on opportunities to drive growth within Japan across Coinbase.com, Coinbase Pro, and Coinbase Custody
- Ensure close collaboration and execution across our Japan office, as well as aligning globally with our larger strategy and product initiatives
- Interface with teams at HQ to agree and prioritize Japan-focused projects on our Product teams’ roadmaps
- Oversee project management efforts for international-focused projects (e.g., new country launches, ad hoc projects for existing geographies)
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 6-8 years of experience in a) management consulting or investment banking at a top-tier firm; b) product management at high-growth start-ups / tech companies; and/or c) GM roles at high-growth start-ups / tech companies
- Strategic thinking and an ability to synthesize and prioritize inputs from various perspectives (including legal, finance, business, engineering, and customer experience) to create an actionable plan
- Passion to do whatever it takes to solve complex problems and build scalable processes
- Comfort working in a high growth, constantly changing environment
- Exceptional prioritization and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and geographies
- Experience working internationally, full fluency in both English and Japanese
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency and Coinbase's business
- Experience working on internationalization or international expansion
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Jump start your crypto portfolio