Senior Platform Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are Zip, a rapidly expanding global fintech headquartered out of Sydney, Australia with a growing presence focused in the US and UK markets.
We're here to simplify how the world pays for what they need by connecting merchants with consumers and offering them fair and seamless payment solutions, everywhere. We’re also the brains behind Pocketbook, which helps almost a million Aussies take control of their money and improve their financial well-being.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They form our Mamba mentality - how we’re better than yesterday, and are used to create game-changing experiences for our customers and our people.
About the role
We're looking for a Platform Engineer to be a Senior part of Zip’s platform team. You'll be working with a mix of the latest tools and technologies to build and maintain the platform and tools supporting reliable streamlined delivery of applications and services.
This role will see you acting as subject matter expert in infrastructure and CI/CD operations to help out product teams in leverage the platform and tooling for building, delivering and maintaining our awesome customer facing products. You'll also be somebody who loves to collaborate with your team and solve complex problems while also mentoring and coaching more junior team members along the way.
In this role, you will:
- Identify gaps and drive roadmaps for various platform systems
- Spearhead implementation of major projects by guiding the architecture and implementation details
- Contribute infrastructure code, automation tools and CICD pipelines for the platform team
- Be proactive in by identifying gaps, prioritizing and making suggestions
- Leverage expertise in platform tools to support developers and SRE engineers
- Recommend and assist with architectural changes to improve performance, reliability and security across the organisation
- Implement monitoring and alerting covering infrastructure and services
- Explore new technologies that would help us change the game at Zip
- Extensive experience with AWS key services and operations
- Excellent knowledge of the Kubernetes ecosystem (as administrator)
- Hands on experience with of infrastructure as code tools
- Advanced knowledge of Linux and shell scripting
- Experience with Kafka
- Solid understanding of networking and security
- Experience implementing infrastructure and service monitoring and alerting
- Experience with CI/CD tooling (eg: Gitlab, Bitbucket, CI, TeamCity, Octopus)
- Good knowledge of at least one programming language
We’re looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to cross - a future Zipster who will obsess over excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution. You've gotta hustle at Zip!
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
Benefits @ Zip
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Generous paid parental leave
- Birthday and wellness leave
- Epic offices with a casual dress code
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
- Free breakfast and weekly lunches
- Heaps of social events
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tap & Zip everywhere. Pay later.