Senior Manager, Business Operations - Japan
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Business Operations & Strategy is a cross-functional team working across the whole company. The team is a partner to the senior global leadership at Coinbase focusing on high-impact strategic projects and data analyses. The Leader for all Business Operations in Japan will partner directly with the Country Manager, effectively building out and executing our strategy in the market.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Collaborate directly with our Japan GM on day-to-day management on all Japan operations, strategy, product and expansion efforts
- Identify and execute on opportunities to drive growth within Japan across Coinbase.com, Coinbase Pro, and Coinbase Custody
- Ensure close collaboration and execution across our Japan office, as well as aligning globally with our larger strategy and product initiatives
- Interface with teams at HQ to agree and prioritize Japan-focused projects on our Product teams’ roadmaps
- Oversee project management efforts for international-focused projects (e.g., new country launches, ad hoc projects for existing geographies)
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 6-8 years of experience in a) management consulting or investment banking at a top-tier firm; b) product management at high-growth start-ups / tech companies; and/or c) GM roles at high-growth start-ups / tech companies
- Strategic thinking and an ability to synthesize and prioritize inputs from various perspectives (including legal, finance, business, engineering, and customer experience) to create an actionable plan
- Passion to do whatever it takes to solve complex problems and build scalable processes
- Comfort working in a high growth, constantly changing environment
- Exceptional prioritization and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and geographies
- Experience working internationally, full fluency in both English and Japanese
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency and Coinbase's business
- Experience working on internationalization or international expansion
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Jump start your crypto portfolio