Lead Data Analyst, Marketing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society, and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Afterpay is offered by more than 55,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including E-bay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu, and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States, and the United Kingdom where the brand is called Clearpay.
As we continue to rapidly expand our business here at Afterpay, a new opportunity has been created for a Lead Data Analyst, Marketing in our Risk and Analytics team. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as interpersonal skills to work across the organisation to drive forward recommendations.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin….
- Working with the local business leaders and global function leaders to provide the customised and localised tracking and solutions for the needs of markets in Australia and New Zealand
- Designing and evaluating A/B tests to derive strong insights and provide decision support for all marketing channels including paid, CRM, brand and partnership
- Building and analysing dashboards and reports to empower operational and exploratory analysis, evaluate and define key metrics
- Finding actionable consumer insights through retention analyses, funnel analysis, and user segmentation
- Utilising excellent communication skills to clearly distill the essence of your technical work to audiences of all levels and across multiple functional areas.
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be obsessed with our product. You’ll get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative or engineering domain; master’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years of work experience in an analytical role involving data extraction, reporting, and analysis
- 8+ years of the relevant marketing analytics experience
- Experience working with very large data sets and data querying languages (e.g. SQL/Python)
- Work experience with data visualisation tools like Tableau, Looker, or Power BI
- Passion for finding insights in data and driving change based on those insights
- Experience with marketing analytics, including acquisition channels (such as SEM, Paid Social, App Marketing, etc) and CRM & lifecycle management
- Experience and knowledge in experimental design and A/B testing - Experience and knowledge in attribution and incrementally
- Experience in independently managing complex projects
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to simplify and present complex analytical concepts to an executive audience
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, and interpersonal skills; impeccable attention to detail.
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. You will enjoy working from our beautiful office space in Melbourne and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Shop now. Pay later. Always interest-free.