Int'l Mktg Content Strategy - Merchant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Key contributor of content marketing team, developing and executing strategic, holistic and comprehensive content marketing platforms that bring to life the PayPal network story, elevate the brand and increase demand for our products.Job Description:
The Merchant Content Strategist has the following key responsibilities:
- Create customer-first, competitive and insightful content strategies, plans and calendar to tell the story of the PayPal value proposition across International markets.
- Define and execute content based on strategies, plans and calendars, working with country marketers to localize.
- Lead the development and execution of brand voice to ensure consistency across all content.
- Contribute to development and maintenance of brand positioning, value propositions, core benefits and key messages, relevant to priority markets and segments across the marketing funnel.
- Understand key cultural and calendar moments across International markets which inform a comprehensive yet efficient approach to an always-on view of content.
- Operate in an agile fashion to inform the above approach with urgent news cycle conversations where PayPal has a role to insert itself into the conversation.
- Consistently deliver tangible results with business contribution and make decisions based on customer impact.
- Stay on top of category, cultural and emerging trends and share with the wider business.
- Drive a culture of executional excellence.
Skills & Experience;
- 6-8+ years experience in brand marketing, marketing communications, integrated marketing, strategy, content or social.
- B2B, Fin-tech, e-commerce and payments understanding and experience highly valued.
- Ability to translate value propositions into targeted messaging and content to drive results across segment and channel mix.
- Inspires confidence and can motivate through communication - maintains a clear perspective between the overall picture and the details.
- Experience in marketing planning and strategy, content development and management, channel management, including SEO.
- Manage multi-disciplinary agencies, activation vendors and strategic partner relationships
- Highly empathetic, great listener and business partner.
- Creative writer; can generate ideas that differentiate.
- Matches strategy with ability to execute.
- Differentiates and prioritizes to focus on what is important.
- Simplifies the complex and operates with efficiency.
- Thinks and acts with quantitative foundations that inform marketing activity that leads to well defined business outputs.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Can operate in a dynamic, matrixed organization.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal