Director of Engineering, India
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase seeks to bring economic freedom to individuals and businesses by building an open financial system for the world. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone, which we’re working to achieve with a suite of products that serve more than 30M customers globally today.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- You’ll build a team of engineers focused on building out critical components of our Engineering team.
- Support all facets of team management to attract, engage, retain, and nurture teams of outstanding engineers (e.g., recruitment, mentoring, training and development, performance evaluation).
- Partner with the product and UX teams and other cross functional partners to develop overall vision, strategy and roadmap for our engineering systems and product suites.
- Develop a technical roadmap and vision, with guidance to both your team members and your peers.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processeses for regular assessment and improvement.
- Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes.
- Drive an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
- Provide technical and architectural direction for the development, design, integration, testing, and maintenance of our product suite
- Lead agile software processes for the engineering team and introduce best-in-class industry practices.
- Handle technical debt to ensure our development velocity stays responsive and predictable while minimizing production incidents of our operations.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- 10+ years of experience leading engineering teams, including managing engineering managers.
- 10+ years of work experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services, ideally at a top Consumer Internet company.
- 5+ years of experience in hiring/termination and performance management of teams of size 100+.
- Experience handling consumer and growth engineering teams in 1000+ people organizations.
- Strong analytic skills and a demonstrated sense of ownership and accountability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide variety of people.
- A service-oriented mentality while driving excellence across the organization.
- Strong organizational skills, both for yourself and the team
- Business acumen: Proven understanding of business dynamics, goals, and product strategy. Knowledge of how Engineering fits into Coinbase’s overall business.
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, conflicting constraints, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field/equivalent practical experience
Nice to haves
- Previous experience developing or managing products built with Ruby, Rails, Go, AWS, React
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Jump start your crypto portfolio