Lead Product Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
PayPal’s Growth Markets aims to power the next wave of growth for PayPal by serving the needs of consumers and merchants in Rapidly emerging markets. Product managers in this team understand the locally relevant needs of customers and are responsible for building products that cater to those needs end to end across all customers touchpoints at PayPal. We work as one-team across engineering, product, design and work to solve customer problems.
This role is to lead the Payments products for Japan market. Develop exciting and competing payments capabilities & defining roadmap. Identify the right partners, engage and manage those partners to deliver best in class payment product capabilities to our customers in Japan.Job Description:
As Lead Product Manager, your job responsibilities would include:
- Develop exciting and competing payments capabilities & defining roadmap
- Champion product vision to executive management and drive relevance to Japan market.
- Developing platform capabilities that will deliver value to target segments and drive customer engagement for PayPal
- Identify the right partners, engage and manage those partners to deliver best in class payment product capabilities to our customers in Japan.
- Collaborating closely with Business unit, other product managers, technical architects, engineers and other cross-functional stakeholders, to ensure that the product capabilities deliver against business objectives
- Creating detailed product requirements to articulate desired End to End product features and functionality to technical, partner product teams, and other cross-functional teams
- Collaborating cross-organizationally with customer support, operations, legal, compliance, risk management, engineering, user experience, QA and other functional areas, to ensure alignment with related go-to-market activities
- Ensuring cross-functional product team execution (with Project Manager and Engineering Manager), meeting project milestone dates, driving decisions across teams and escalating appropriately
- Driving the development of the long-term payments product platform with focus on Growth markets
- Optimizing technology investment through clear tradeoffs between time-to-market and long-term solutions
- Troubleshooting product issues and answer product questions – be the product ‘expert’
- Acting as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding of your product and its features across the company
- Manage risk, drive business results, and deliver compelling capabilities to drive world class products
- Build trust and effective relationships with peers and provides leadership across the division, product, and/or partner ecosystem that contributes to and encourages a positive working environment despite constant change and/or major project discontinuities.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of the larger ecosystems, industry trend, technology development and evolving customer needs. Strong analytical skills; creative and relentless problem solver
- Developed multi year visions for product aligned with business strategies
- Strong organizational skills, ability to thrive in a matrix environment where success depends on a high degree of cross-functional collaboration
- Strong ability to translate product needs to technology and understand technology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Japanese and English languages
- Detail-oriented, unfazed by technical detail, committed to flawless execution
- Team player; ability to interface and build relations at all levels internally and externally
- Skilled at developing detailed product requirements, working closely with product development
- Demonstrate ability for data driven decision making
- 12+ years of overall industry experience
- 5+ years of background required building products or platform.
- 4+ years of experience working on customer facing products
- 5+ years of experience in high-tech industry
- Bachelor’s required, MBA or MS preferred
- Track record of creating payment product capabilities.
- Track record of working on complex initiatives
- Skilled at managing a product through all phases of the product lifecycle: understanding market needs, understanding go-to-market activities, own key product metrics post-launch.
In return we offer the candidate a great place to work where innovative ideas come to market quickly, you have the pride to associate yourself with some of the breakthrough ideas in the industry, to interact and work with a group of highly energetic, passionate and smart people. With great attitude and results you will have an unstoppable career with this group. We work hard and play hard and we expect the right candidate to be able to have fun and enjoy work with passion and commitment to turn the best ideas into product quickly
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal