Senior Product Manager, Search & Recommendations
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are Zip, a rapidly expanding global fintech with head offices in Sydney and New York as well as a growing presence in Canada and UK.
We're on a mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and everyday. We do this by providing simple, fair and transparent payment solutions for millions of customers globally and growing fast.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do. They form our Mamba mentality - how we're better today than yesterday, and are used to create game-changing experiences for our customers and our people.
We're hiring a superstar Senior Product Manager to lead our Search and Recommendations squad, focusing on product search and discovery.
You'll work closely with a team of machine learning and Elasticsearch engineers, and the products you design and build will directly impact all of Zip's millions of users globally through product search, recommendations, alerts & discovery.
One morning you'll be presenting updates to the global executive team, and that afternoon you'll be solving problems in machine learning and artificial intelligence - it's a fascinatingly varied role, which has a huge impact on the future of Zip.
Prior experience with search and relevance at scale will help you excel in this challenging, rewarding and fast-paced environment. The tools and APIs that your team deliver will be critical to our global success.
To help us level up, you'll ideally have:
- 4-10 years experience as a product manager in startup, scaleup, big tech or modern web environments
- Experience building consumer web products involving search
- Passion for the problems that big data and machine learning can solve
- Knowledge of A/B testing, analytics and regression testing
- The drive, determination and resilience to quickly work through ambiguity to an outcome
- Ability to design and conduct experiments and analyse the results for data-driven decisioning
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work as part of a global team
Bonus points for:
- Any experience with Python, ML, Solr/Lucene/Elasticsearch - either as a PM, or hands-on as an engineer
We’re looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to cross - a future Zipster who will obsess over excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution. You've gotta hustle at Zip!
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
Benefits @ Zip
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Generous paid parental leave
- Birthday and wellness leave
- Epic offices with a casual dress code
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
- Free breakfast and weekly lunches
- Heaps of social events
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tap & Zip everywhere. Pay later.