Senior iOS Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to join our team in Newmarket. This is a newly created role! You will help us build mobile solutions and solve our retailers' problems, focussing on user experience, innovation, experimentation, and stability.
Who we are and what we do:
Some exciting news in the Vend journey, we are joining the Lightspeed family! By joining forces, we will continue to power retailers and restaurants with our cloud-based, omnichannel commerce platforms and bring our cities and communities to life.
At the heart of both Lightspeed and Vend are our people and customers. We delight local businesses in over 100 countries and we are trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. We have offices in Canada, USA, Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
💚 Our common mission: ignite the potential of businesses to enrich the communities they serve.We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!
iOS Engineering @ Vend:
- Our current mobile offering is native iOS and we’re using modern technologies like SwiftUI
- We move fast, we like to explore territory and we always focus on technical efforts that will take Vend’s mobile offering to the next level
- We don't follow rigid Scrum or Kanban, but we do work in an agile, iterative way, and try to continuously improve and implement what works for us
What you’ll be doing:
- Building stuff: this means coding, code reviews, fixing bugs, peer programming, incident response, and reverse-engineering tasks...
- Planning/architecture: estimating, collaborating with Product, establishing MVP
- Learning and Teaching: lunch and learns, chapter reviews, research and meetups
- Enabling: working on shared libraries, contributing to open source content, defining, documenting, and evolving best practices
What you need to bring:
- Significant mobile development experience coding complex apps in primarily Swift and Objective-C but also on other platforms
- Experience building beautiful, predictable UI, prioritising the user’s experience
- Experience building and distributing apps with large numbers of users
- An appetite to explore solutions outside of the purely native field
- Core understanding of the principles of mobile application design
Why do you want to work at Vend?
- You will be offered a competitive salary
- We will provide you with opportunities to develop your career
- You can help build an amazing product in a company big enough for growth but lean enough to make a genuine impact
Plus, we have a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Secure, full-time carpark
- Dog-friendly environment
- Free fresh fruits, snacks and drinks (and cake for your birthday!)
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Travel insurance for you and your family
- Lightspeed Share scheme
- Four weeks annual leave + extra day over the Christmas holidays
Where to from here?
Obviously, we’re looking to ensure it’s a solid fit from both sides: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world, feel free to check out our Instagram here.
Vend is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Effortlessly sell, manage and grow your retail business with Vend, the unparalleled, cloud-based point of sale system.