Senior Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Global Compliance & Customer Verification Platform builds and maintains leading state of the art indigenous platform that caters to Anti Money Laundering & Tax related regulatory requirements that PayPal has to comply with in most of the 200+ countries that it operates in. Automated Online Identity/Address/Financial Verification, Automated/Manual Document Scanning, Risk Scoring based KYC, Multi Tenancy support etc., are some of the features/attributes of this platform. The team is located in multiple geographies delivering KYC & Tax solutions to both PayPal’s direct customers, adjacencies, Partners and even Partners’ customers. Come join us and be part of this Global team that ensures PayPal is compliant with the local and global regulators.Job Description:
Be part of an Agile Scrum team responsible for either engineering the platform to its next generation or work on business programs related to country or partner expansion depending on the business needs.
- Write good code.
- Write even better tests that fails when the code changes.
- Delpoy and maintain code using PayPal’s DevOPS pipeline
- Learn fast, become a subject matter expert and contribute to the team.
- Understand requirements and design scalable solutions.
· Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
· 5-8 years hands-on in the following areas:
o Java, OO-based design and development.
o Development in/for Linux environment.
o Strong skills in Server Side Java, Spring, SpringBoot, Hibernate, REST, Maven, Github and other open source Java Libraries.
o Good grasp of Data structures & Algorithm concepts.
o Database design, programming, tuning and query optimization.
o Test methodologies and testing tools, e.g., TestNG, JUnit.
o Full-SDLC cycle, with large-scale live roll-out participation as a developer.
· Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
· Experience in software configuration management and streaming strategies for large parallel development teams.
· Ability to collaborate effectively with remote teams across time zones is essential.
· Strong verbal and writing skills; ability to thoroughly understand product specifications, and ability to produce clear, concise documentation.
· Understanding of processes and standards from compliance standpoint.
· Project planning ability, experience in managing small development teams.
· Knowledge of QA automation processes and tools preferred.
· Experience in finance-related domains preferred.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal