Director, Australia Money Laundering Reporting Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Delivering on the regulatory requirements for PayPal Australia Pty. Ltd (“PPAU”), this Leadership position is responsible for developing, maintaining and overseeing PPAU’s Anti Money Laundering (AML) Program in coordination with the Global Head of AML. This role will drive a data-driven approach that meets both the PayPal global framework and all local regulatory requirements. This position will report to the Head of Australia Risk & Compliance and dual reporting to PayPal’s Head of Asia Pacific (APAC) AML Oversight.Job Description:
- Key point of contact for oversight of PPAU’s execution of its AML Program, including compliance with local requirements and PayPal’s global minimum stadards.
- Engagement and oversight of the global group affiliates that provide AML program support on PPAU’s behalf.
- Utilize risk assessment, risk appetite and other key risk indicators to drive real-time risk insights and intelligence to adequately manage PPAU’s AML risks
- Provide day to day management and execution of PPAU’s AML regulatory interactions, examinations and adhoc requests.
- Provide advisory support on the roll out of new products, new merchant launches, and integration of relevant acquired adjacency businesses.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, developing and implementing solutions to resolve issues, and providing guidance for future avoidance of similar issues.
- Partner with the business to understand their needs, and drive solutions specifically around process improvements.
- Serve as a credible business partner to executives and other key stakeholders.
- Provide objective, independent AML risk assessments and recommendations.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the business in identifying, assessing, prioritizing, and managing AML risk.
- Ensure AML obligations are understood and complied with within emerging Australia growth initiatives and new products.
- Strive to deliver exceptional and responsive service by providing AML risk management expertise in a clear, solution oriented and customer-focused manner.
- Partner with Legal and Government Relations to stay abreast of changes in AML laws and regulations and recommend appropriate changes to ensure that operations adapt to comply with these changes.
- Support maintenance of risks in line with risk taxonomy, framework and assessment process.
- Support first line in prioritization of risk mitigation.
- Escalate timely and actionable information to key stakeholders.
- Support management and operations with problem solving on AML regulatory matters.
- Partner with PayPal compliance training initiatives to ensure PPAU employees and management are adequately trained and adept in implementing AML obligations.
- Deep knowledge of global financial institutions, money service business, and/or banking compliance, including significant knowledge of anti-money laundering, counter-terrorism financing, and due diligence practices.
- At least 10+ years of experience in a large organization including demonstrated leadership in building AML Programs.
- At least 7 years of people management experience.
- Extensive experience with regulators and the regulatory exam process, ideally for non-bank financial institutionss.
- Law degree preferred.
- Ability to navigate across multiple geographies, including global shared services functions that reside outside Australia.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including strengths in influencing, conflict management, and negotiation.
- Ability to communicate complex matters in a simple and clear manner.
- Ability to take ownership of outcomes and the ability to work with business unit teams to confront issues and drive performance.
- Skilled at identifying and recommending cost effective solutions and organizing resource allocation.
- Extensive experience in partnering with and counseling senior business clients, particularly in the context of a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong problem solving and operational process skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to analyze regulatory risks in complex business processes, and recommend controls to mitigate those risks.
- Excellent presentation and project management skills with the ability to successfully work multiple issues at one time.
- High energy and creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to work in a growing and changing environment.
- Ability to work within a matrixed environment, and cross functionally with operations and technology functions.
- Ability to operate with strong integrity with the ability to handle projects of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Strong computer knowledge; excellent MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint skills.
- Partnership – organisational awareness, engages widely with peers and seniors across PayPal.
- Innovate – leads effectively in a dynamic, fast-changing environment; challenges convention.
- Deliver Stand out Results – develops decisive strategies that deliver tangible results.
- Execution – focuses the business area on strategic priorities; operates clear, simple systems.
- Enable and Grow Talent – builds capability and a succession pipeline.
- Leadership – contributes to the business leadership agenda; sets business area vision.
Our world-class culture is something we’re proud of. We’re committed to creating a thriving and inclusive workplace with great benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Social and wellness programs
- Recognition Awards (Spot Awards)
- Support for new parents
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an outstanding and engaging one. We are passionate and proud of our company. It is this vigor and attitude that helps us execute well, every day. If you are enthusiastic and thrive in a collaborative and friendly environment then we invite you to learn more, explore opportunities, and discover a place for you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal