Partner Growth Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
We are looking for a Partner Growth Manager to join the Square Australia team. In this newly created role you will be the second member of the Australia Partnerships team and will report to the Platform Partner Manager Lead in San Francisco. Our team's mission is to create an ecosystem that connects partners and sellers, and enables both to build a business on Square. As Partner Growth Manager you'll represent Square's brand in Australia, lead relationships with strategic partners and manage these partnerships from development to launch including ongoing partner management. You will grow these partnerships and meet goals via partner programs, go-to-market initiatives, and new integrations. This position can be based anywhere on the east coast of Australia and work from home, or in our Melbourne office.
- Manage all aspects of partner growth: prioritisation and execution of strategic projects; financial assessment and forecasting; structuring and negotiation of new projects; and ongoing partner management
- Oversee success metrics and partner growth
- Maintain direct relationships with partners, resolving issues and creating value
- Work with a broad range of internal global and local Australia team members in Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Account Management, and Legal, serving as an advocate for your partners while balancing Square's goals
- Maintain direct relationships with partners, account managing, resolving issues and creating value
- Become a Square product expert - able to talk about Square's partnership strategy and platform ecosystem
- Analyse partner metrics and performance against ongoing goals and organise renewal of contract terms
- Work with teams (Partner Engineering, Product, Partner Development team) to help partners integrate with Square and QA the integration, including listing on App Marketplace and public web and running marketing and PR activities
- Lead programs for Australia partners with internal Square teams and partner teams
- Undergraduate degree or relevant experience
- Experience having detailed technology-based conversations with partners across multiple industry verticals
- A strategic approach, understanding the long-term benefit for both Square and our partners
- Experience managing relationships with business leaders at all levels, with internal colleagues and external partners
- Experience working with different teams, managing projects and marketing programs at scale
- Partnerships or related experience with experience managing business relationships and projects
- Ability to work autonomously with a high degree of motivation to achieve goals
- A passion for Square and desire to help customers
- Understanding of other aspects of partner growth: prioritisation of business, strategic and financial assessment, structuring and negotiation of new projects
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Invent today. Shape tomorrow.