Program Manager, Financial Controls and Compliance
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Stripe makes it easy for any developer to access and manage the capabilities of the financial system including global payments, banking, and other innovative financial services. As a program manager on financial controls and compliance, you’ll be responsible for creating and running processes that help us coordinate and execute on a global scale. You’ll work closely with the compliance and financial leadership as well as engineering and product teams across Stripe to deliver strategic projects and programs.
The successful program manager has experience leading large-scale projects spanning engineering and operations, is able to distill complexity into clarity, and drives impact and velocity across teams. They are curious, driven, focused, and detail-oriented, able to influence without authority, relentless in driving to closure, and able to build strong relationships. They thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment. They are strategic, able to see the big picture and business context, and able to find creative solutions as a result.
In this role you will:
- Partner with program management, compliance and finance leadership to to set goals, roadmaps and key results for the team
- Design and run complex processes across engineering and operational teams
- Own specific projects and programs with primary responsibility for success
- Work closely with finance, rigorous controls and compliance teams to drive cycles of process improvement for the organization
- Monitor information flow throughout the team, help leadership understand where the gaps are, suggest and execute fixes.
- Facilitate project retrospectives to collect feedback, draw out lessons learned, and document best practices
- Create canonical documentation of plans and processes, driving consistency and alignment across teams
- Create systems to track and prioritize product needs and challenges
- Track projects, timelines and commitments on internal projects and customer deliverables
You might be a fit if you have:
- 5-10 years’ experience in similar or related technology roles, with at least 3 years partnering closely with software engineering and product teams.
- A track record of providing program management during all phases of project delivery from kick-off to ship, demonstrating critical thinking and thought leadership.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, building strong relationships with stakeholders and teams around the organization.
- Strong project-management skills, with the ability to handle multiple, high-priority projects in a highly demanding environment.
- The ability to effectively communicate with colleagues, both on the compliance, risk and finance teams and in the rest of the company, clearly and concisely.
- An extremely responsive and collaborative team-player mentality.
- Excellent judgment and demonstrated ability to handle time-sensitive work.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Worked on a wide variety of projects, learned new things, and directed your own work from day to day.
- Experience helping build culture & community
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Payments infrastructure for the internet.